Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official Boat/Tower Height Thread

skicrave

HollywoodBall

Greetings folks. New to the forum, as I’m close to closing the deal on a 2019 23 LSV. 

I read the OP here and all the posts, so if I missed it, I apologize. But it sits on a Boatmate trailer with the 14” wheels. G3.5 tower.

Does anyone have the real world height on trailer with tower down? Thanks in advance.

On 1/12/2021 at 1:59 PM, JustinH said:

anyone have the height of a '21 24mxz with the g5 tower up and 18" wheels?

Need the height for a 2020 24MXZ but I think that had the G3.5 tower still? Any help on confirming tower up on trailer or tower model on a 2020MXZ?

14 hours ago, HollywoodBall said:

Greetings folks. New to the forum, as I’m close to closing the deal on a 2019 23 LSV. 

I read the OP here and all the posts, so if I missed it, I apologize. But it sits on a Boatmate trailer with the 14” wheels. G3.5 tower.

Does anyone have the real world height on trailer with tower down? Thanks in advance.

Out of town until tomorrow. Should be able to get you a measurement tomorrow afternoon or night.

HollywoodBall

Greatly appreciated @wdr

I may actually make it to the boat this week, but it’s 4 hours away and that’s TBD.

Height isn’t a deal breaker, just curious if I’ll be able to store at home or not. 

It sounds like we have the same factory tires and wheels. I can get mine in my 8’ garage door with @ 2” to spare. However comma, I do back it in on an uphill incline and I do have to deflate my Airlift bags to get it in. I have a 10’ ceiling in there so the tower stays up while parked with @ 2” to spare while level. 

• Thanks 1

From a level trailer.FBAAAC63-378A-461A-8FC9-725E6C4D7AD1.thumb.jpeg.193ebfdce3e83fab94c13a1d170f3e81.jpeg
It measures: 84” to the top of the windshield and 99” to the top of the tow point when lowered. If you are trying to gain some more room, tire deflation will help a little also but it will be a PITA on a repeated basis. I have to inflate my Airlift bags to 40psi to get a level trailer after I pull the tower base past the door header. Not a big deal for once a weekend.

Edited by wdr
  • 7 months later...

new guy here and looking at buying a 2021 VTX with G5 tower on a trailer with 14" wheels.  From what I have read in this thread, it will not fit under 8' door without removing racks.  Just wanting to confirm or see if anyone has updated info.  The potential boat has 3 clamping spinner racks.  Thanks

• 1 month later...

On 10/1/2015 at 7:41 PM, Brad B said:

2003 WS 23LSV

Swoop Tower, Dorsey trailer

9'10" to top of ball

6'8" with tower down

24' total length with tongue folded

Thank you. I have a 2002 sunscape 23lsv with swoop and this at least gives me hope that the tower might fit a 10' door. (building a garage in near future. I'll get some measurements soon.  not sure what trailer I have. 

Here are details on the 21 LX on 14" wheels. 

Height with tower down is 92", 7'8". This is to the top of the clamping racks folded in. I removed the stop screw so they fold in. Top of the tow anchor is 89", 7'5".

Width with guide poles pushed in is roughly 104", 8'8".

Length with swim step off and tongue folded in but not all the way because of the spare tire is roughly 266", 22'2". You can get another inch or two by removing the spare tire. 

Edited by NorCalSurfer