Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

tower height when UP

mrothwell

OK - I've tried the search, but can only find questions/answers of the hieght when the tower is down.

I need to know how high is the boat on trailer when the tower is up. My VTX is currently not at my house, so I cant just go and measure. I'd like to know for the VLX/LSV or even the 23 footers. No, I'm not planning on owning a larger boat, but crazier things have happened (Mdude).

Someone really needs to compile a list of heights for both towers for each model, on both Extreme and BoatMate trailer. That would be a HUGE resource for Malibu owners.

OK - I've tried the search, but can only find questions/answers of the hieght when the tower is down.

I need to know how high is the boat on trailer when the tower is up. My VTX is currently not at my house, so I cant just go and measure. I'd like to know for the VLX/LSV or even the 23 footers. No, I'm not planning on owning a larger boat, but crazier things have happened (Mdude).

My, 07 VTX is 9'2" to the top of the tower ball, on a boatmate trailer. the lsv and the vlx sit higher in there trailers , I tried to put a 1273 acme prop on my boat which is a 14.5 diameter prop, wouldnt fit on the trailer but checked a lsv at the dealer and it would have cleared easily, they probably did it for the whole garage thing.

Edited by 5oclocksomewhere
...I tried to put a 1273 acme prop on my boat which is a 14.5 diameter prop, wouldnt fit on the trailer but checked a lsv at the dealer and it would have cleared easily, they probably did it for the whole garage thing.

That's very interesting. So does that mean that no 1200 series ACME prop will fit on a 20' boat?

The reason there is more clearance between the trailer on the 21' and larger boats is because the boats are so wide that they have to be above the fenders or the trailer would be wider than the legal limit.

So yes, the VLX, 23 and 247 boats will be a fair bit higher because they have a higher freeboard AND they are higher on the trailer.

Thanks for the info though, I'm going to start a new thread for the official height measurements and your data will be the first! :)

...I tried to put a 1273 acme prop on my boat which is a 14.5 diameter prop, wouldnt fit on the trailer but checked a lsv at the dealer and it would have cleared easily, they probably did it for the whole garage thing.

That's very interesting. So does that mean that no 1200 series ACME prop will fit on a 20' boat?

The reason there is more clearance between the trailer on the 21' and larger boats is because the boats are so wide that they have to be above the fenders or the trailer would be wider than the legal limit.

So yes, the VLX, 23 and 247 boats will be a fair bit higher because they have a higher freeboard AND they are higher on the trailer.

Thanks for the info though, I'm going to start a new thread for the official height measurements and your data will be the first! :)

I have a 1235 on my VTX with no issues.

That's because it's just as wide as the VLX/LSV and sits up on the trailer.

That's because it's just as wide as the VLX/LSV and sits up on the trailer.

Actually, in the case of Boatmate at least, they were able to design the trailer for the VTX so that the boat sits between the fenders instead of on top of them. Last I heard they were trying to make that change for the VLX, but the 23 and 247 were too wide.

My 23 xti is 9 feet 10 inches with the illusion tower.

which trailer ?

which trailer ?

Duh! That's totally it, his boat is on an Extreme, which probably puts the boat above the fenders like on a VLX or 23 where as your boat is on a BoatMate, which has the boat a few inches lower.

which trailer ?

Duh! That's totally it, his boat is on an Extreme, which probably puts the boat above the fenders like on a VLX or 23 where as your boat is on a BoatMate, which has the boat a few inches lower.

Yup, Extreme trailer.