Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How hard is it to install bimini top

Just got my bimini in since it wasn't instock when i left the dealer so they shipped it to me and was wondering if I should take it to the home town dealer or do you think its easy enough for an average person to put on the illusion tower? BC i don't think it came w/ any directions

We have the Illusion Tower and it was very easy to install.

How about some instructions, I've got one sitting in the garage I haven't even tried to put on yet.

How about some instructions, I've got one sitting in the garage I haven't even tried to put on yet.

Have you unwrapped it? Instructions might be in there. Otherwise, which brand? I might have the Tower Bimini instructions laying around it the garage.

Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward (tower bimini)

Install the 4 mounting brackets onto the tower with the little release button on the bottom (used Locktite on the threads, pre-thread them with out the bracket first to make sure the threads are ok (before putting on the locktite, of course) , the brackets have a tendency to make you be extra careful on screw alignment)

Put the tubes throught the canvas if they are not already

Connect the ends of the U shaped support to the top brackets

Push in the short, front sections to the tower (release button out, to click into front tube on canvas, not tower)

Pull top down tight in back and hook other two feet to tower

Go boating in sun.

Edited by TheBlackPearl

Have you unwrapped it? Instructions might be in there. Otherwise, which brand? I might have the Tower Bimini instructions laying around it the garage.

Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward (tower bimini)

Install the 4 mounting brackets onto the tower with the little release button on the bottom (used Locktite on the threads, pre-thread them with out the bracket first to make sure the threads are ok (before putting on the locktite, of course) , the brackets have a tendency to make you be extra careful on screw alignment)

Put the tubes throught the canvas if they are not already

Connect the ends of the U shaped support to the top brackets

Push in the short, front sections to the tower (release button out, to click into front tube on canvas, not tower)

Pull top down tight in back and hook other two feet to tower

Go boating in sun.

I've got the metcraft bimini. It didn't come wraped just in a box with no instructions from the dealer.

Might have changed since mine (2006) but VERY easy, plus we had the X tower. If yours happens to be the same, we had the type where there were two poles to go into the front of the tower. We basically popped in the center mounts first, then folded over the front and inserted the two posts into the front of the tower, then popped in the rear mounts (pulled down on the back of the bimini slightly). Done.

Maybe this one is different though.

Might have changed since mine (2006) but VERY easy, plus we had the X tower. If yours happens to be the same, we had the type where there were two poles to go into the front of the tower. We basically popped in the center mounts first, then folded over the front and inserted the two posts into the front of the tower, then popped in the rear mounts (pulled down on the back of the bimini slightly). Done.

That's the one Wakeup thanks...

That's the one Wakeup thanks...

That is basically the same as the tower bimini, but you also have to screw in the bases to the illusion X.