Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski vest recommendation

skistud1

I'm looking for a new ski vest after putting a tear in my Outlaw. I'm looking at a few comp vests and I was wondering if anyone had any comments/ recommendations.

Three of models that I'm looking at include O'Neills new "checkmate" and "Vapor" models. I also came across Eagle Sports. I would like to stay with a zip in as I think I would have to fight too much to get in and out of a Gooru.

Thanks

I'm looking for a new ski vest after putting a tear in my Outlaw. I'm looking at a few comp vests and I was wondering if anyone had any comments/ recommendations.

Three of models that I'm looking at include O'Neills new "checkmate" and "Vapor" models. I also came across Eagle Sports. I would like to stay with a zip in as I think I would have to fight too much to get in and out of a Gooru.

Thanks

In my part of the world Costco usually has a good selection of Body Glove or HO neoprene vests with zip and buckle. They are not the very best but they are very good and comfortable. I have no problem running the course with it on and don't feel too restricted by it. The best part is the price $39.00 and $24.00 for kids. Great value imho. It show there is a Bare Jkt too for about $80

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx...〈=en-US

Go to Wal-Mart they have orange ones in packs of 4 and fit just about anyone...they are the new craze this year.

Go to Wal-Mart they have orange ones in packs of 4 and fit just about anyone...they are the new craze this year.

Oh, I have access to about 10 or so of those packed away on the mother-in-law's pontoon Biggrin.gif

Check out the O'Neill Revenge vest. It is non-CGA, but I tried it on and found it to provide more protection than the Outlaw and be just as comfortable. It is also easy to put on and off as opposed to the Vapor. You need to be like Houdini to get that thing on and off.

I haven't decided if I am getting a new vest this year instead of the Gooru I've had since last year, but if I do, I believe it will be the Revenge.

Thanks

In my part of the world Costco usually has a good selection of Body Glove or HO neoprene vests with zip and buckle. They are not the very best but they are very good and comfortable. I have no problem running the course with it on and don't feel too restricted by it. The best part is the price $39.00 and $24.00 for kids. Great value imho. It show there is a Bare Jkt too for about $80

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx...〈=en-US

This is where we got ours. They have held up very well and were much cheaper than buying them at the dealer or online watersports catalog-type store. I agree that they are probably not the very best, but the price was great, especially for the kids.

Thanks

<a href="http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx...〈=en-US" target="_blank">http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx...〈=en-US</a>

This is where we got ours. They have held up very well and were much cheaper than buying them at the dealer or online watersports catalog-type store. I agree that they are probably not the very best, but the price was great, especially for the kids.

Good call....the kids need new vests and seem to outgrow theirs every year Biggrin.gif

Check out the O'Neill Revenge vest. It is non-CGA, but I tried it on and found it to provide more protection than the Outlaw and be just as comfortable. It is also easy to put on and off as opposed to the Vapor. You need to be like Houdini to get that thing on and off.

I haven't decided if I am getting a new vest this year instead of the Gooru I've had since last year, but if I do, I believe it will be the Revenge.

hey I was thinking about getting a gooru for this year and was wondering how you liked it and how much flotation is gives. I mean will it allow me to float without treading water? thnx in advance.

hey I was thinking about getting a gooru for this year and was wondering how you liked it and how much flotation is gives. I mean will it allow me to float without treading water? thnx in advance.

The Gooru is very comfortable and fairly easy to get on and off. It floats me just fine, but it doesn't provide as much rib protection as some of the other vests. I've taken a few good hits that probably would not have hurt as much or as long with a vest providing more protection. I have thought that the flotation is fine though.