Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Difference between 07 and 08 V ride?

2thdoc01

Wat are the main differences?

Brochure says v ride in 07 was throttle by wire and 08 isnt... is that right?

Not positive about the vride, but the other models are drive (throttle) AND shift by wire for 08

New 2008 V-Ride does have throttle by wire.

I looked at a 07 and still decided on the 08. There is not much of a difference between the two but it made sense for us to go with an 08. FWIW...It was only a couple dollars more to go with an 08 versus an 07 and I ordered it exactly the way we wanted.

I am sure you could find a good deal on a left-over 07 sitting on a dealers lot.

New 2008 V-Ride does have throttle by wire.

I looked at a 07 and still decided on the 08. There is not much of a difference between the two but it made sense for us to go with an 08. FWIW...It was only a couple dollars more to go with an 08 versus an 07 and I ordered it exactly the way we wanted.

I am sure you could find a good deal on a left-over 07 sitting on a dealers lot.

Not that good, I can get a 08 for less than 07! Diff dealers and the 08 has more options! No brainer....although they are looking for any leftover 07 VTXs also.

Love my 07. I haven't heard of many changes between the years for the Vride

Edited by Helinut

Throttle by wire yes, shift by wire no. That's new for '08 on all modes but the Response Classic and the Ride Series boats.

Throttle by wire yes, shift by wire no. That's new for '08 on all modes but the Response Classic and the Ride Series boats.

What does shift by wire do? I assume its the engagement of the trans by wire?

What does shift by wire do? I assume its the engagement of the trans by wire?

I went on a demo ride and nearly tossed my buddie out of the boat when i put it in gear. I have been driving an 06 and the throttle would go about 2-3 inches before the boat would start to move. The shift by wire is about 1/4 of an inch. I went to far and my buddie was standing up... Whistling.gif . oops!

I just took possession of my new '08 Vride 3 weeks ago. We custom ordered it during the Seattle Boat Show. The only difference between '07 and '08 is the new mp3 Stereo (however, so far we can only get our iPod to work via the mini jack--not the USB jack; others are also having this problem). The '08 Vride has throttle by wire (that is why cruise control is standard), but not the new shift-by-wire. I also remember reading that either the carpet or the vinyl seats use an improved material (can't remember which).

We love the boat. Highly recommend the follow upgrades if you order: bow rails (safety for wife and kids & it looks cool), water cooled shaft seal (keeps your bilge smelling clean), cleats, booster seat, power wedge, rear balast, SS rubrail (just looks cool), fiberglass swim platform (so you don't have to sand and oil every year). You may want to consider the monsoon if you will be doing a lot of wakesurfing due to reduced emissions from the CAT. I recommend the power wedge mainly for the following reason: the computer beeps at you if you forget it is down and go too fast (it has already beeped at me).

-Cory

Edited by Cory