Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

plumbing fat sac into 03 vlx

espw84

Do you already have hard tanks in there or are you adding from scratch? If you already have the hard tanks in there, then you can use all the factory plumbing and will just have to extend the vent line with some longer hose. If you are starting from scratch, I don't have any experience, but there is plenty of info on here that should get you where you want to be. The search button is your friend.

I just did my 02 VLX. It had the stock ballast system. I pulled the rear tanks out and installed the same sacks you want to use. I went ahead and replaced the stock pumps with some higher capacity pumps, and I also replaced all the hoses with new braided, clear waterline. I used 90 degree quick-disconnect fittings in the top of the bag for the fill line and the overflow/vent line, and screwed the drain pump directly into the bottom of the bag. If you do this, be sure and loop the overflow/drain line above the side outlet so you can get the bag completely full. If you don't, the bag will just drain when it reaches the level of the drain plugs.

If I had it to do over again, I would use an impeller pump that was reversible and plumb the line into the bottom of the bag. This way you are filling and draining from the bottom with one pump. You end up with two less pumps, and the system is just cleaner. You do need a check valve between the pump and the bag. I had already purchased all the pumps for using the stock lines, so I just stayed with that.

Hope that helps...