Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

additional weight

tomfish

I have an 07 23lsv and am interested in making the wake bigger. I thought about putting some sacks I have in the rear storage compartment on each side of the motor but there is a warning sticker that says it is not designed for that kind of weight in there?? Is that so or just cya warning from the factory. If I can't put them there where should I put them. I'm goofy but others that ride with us are regular so what do do for a all around good wake? it has the 4 factory ballasts and power wedge.

on my 06 LSV we have run with a 750lb body bag on the floor in the middle of the cockpit, and a 250 bag forward of that, about 5 people. It was more wake than an intermediate rider was comfortable with, and even our more experienced rider thought it was a little too much. BTW - the nose took water every time we dipped the throttle.

You need to make sure that the stock ballast tank in the locker are full first before filling the added sack and drain the additional fat sack first so It doesnt crack the existing tanks you already have. I have a #750 lbs fat sack in the locker. There is a lot of helpful info in the Mod section in forums about this topic.

when it comes to surfing there is no good all around wake on both side of the boat. you will need to move ballast around. as far as weighting it goes you can go over to wake outlaws dot com and they have a great write up on how to do it. the 23 can take alot of weight and the wave will grow with it in leaps and bounds.

if your just learning start withe the factory ballast and a 750 sac. that will be enought to get you hooked. :Thumbup:fill your center, bow and surf side rear tank full. then put the 750 on top of the rear tank and fill. run the wedge between 8-10 o`clock. set your speed at ten and adjust to the riders preferance. this will provide an easily surfed wave. the 23 is an awsome boat to surf. I surfed one last summer that had 3k in sacks. as far as not taking water over the bow goes when your rider falls bring the throttle down slow untill at idle.let your wave pass you then turn away from the surf side and idle back to your surfer. this is how we have done it for two seasons and have never had a problem chilly dipping. have fun and post some pics.