Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater blankets

liljohn

Ok maybe this is only new to me but I just discovered the heater blanket. Now my third/driver (the little woman) will come out regardless of temp. The blanket is awsome you plug your snorkel tube into it and it gets warm from the heater. It has a pocket to put your feet in, the top is wind/water proof and the inside just seeps warm air all over.. We were out this weekend and inspite of the cold temps my girl didnt hesitate at all. She get the blanet I get ride time. lifes good. Just thought I would share. Thumbup.gif

one of the best accessories i have purchased for the boat

keeps mom and little man warm and me boarding

Thumbup.gif

Edited by my malibu

The ones I know about are called Hot Wraps blankets. We've been using them for about 10 yrs here in the northwest, mainly because the owner of the company lives in Black Diamond, WA.

Matt at Bakes hangs out with the owner so he has them in stock.

Or SkySki has them available here. Notice the "slight" price difference.

They are definitely a must have for the boat! We pulled both ours out just yesterday!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I'm a firm believer that you pay for what you get, so what’s the big diff?

liljon,

Do you have any pics? I would like to check one out

for you mally maybe.

thanks for the pics, i was hoping for some with the blanket in action with your lady Whistling.gif haha just kiddin liljon!

In a quick look, the sky ski blanket is slightly smaller(65x52 vs 72x60) with a smaller 'foot' pocket (6" vs 12"), so there is a difference between the two.

I'm a firm believer that you pay for what you get, so what’s the big diff?

Unless Bakes is buying from someone else now, there is none. RC makes them both.

yes bakes is using a new manufacturer. As far as I know rc no longer makes blankets so I am curious as to how sky ski still has them.

I talked to SS about that this morning. Sounds like their being made by one of the Playmaker soft goods manufacturers...... one of Herb's companies.

He also told me there are a couple differences. The one at Bakes has two holes for two hot tubes, & the SS blanket has one. And the Bakes blankets are bigger. I guess that makes sense if you have a bigger boat & 2 hot tubes. The older Hotwraps blankets seem to work great for us though.

I talked to SS about that this morning. Sounds like their being made by one of the Playmaker soft goods manufacturers...... one of Herb's companies.

He also told me there are a couple differences. The one at Bakes has two holes for two hot tubes, & the SS blanket has one. And the Bakes blankets are bigger. I guess that makes sense if you have a bigger boat & 2 hot tubes. The older Hotwraps blankets seem to work great for us though.

thanks bill good info.

I put in a heated observer seat for my wife and got her a 12V electric blanket that we plug into the outlet in the glove box. She does not like to be cold.

I put in a heated observer seat for my wife and got her a 12V electric blanket that we plug into the outlet in the glove box. She does not like to be cold.

Is it hard to install an aftermarket seat heater on the observer seat?

I got my wife a heated 12v blanket a year or two ago because on long drives she would always want the heat on the whole time and there I was driving with my head out the window trying to get a breath of air Crazy.gif New car has dual climate zones which is a life saver so we don't use the blanket anymore, but I need to remember to put it in the boat!

BTW-were you out on the Willamette last Saturday afternoon?

Is it hard to install an aftermarket seat heater on the observer seat?

I had the dealer put it in as part of the deal when we bought the boat new. They sent it out to a local boat upholsterer shop to have the elements put into the seat and then the dealer had it wired into an open switch on the dash. I don't think it would have been that much, but in my case, it was the one thing that was the deal maker for my wife, so cost was not an issue anyway. :)

I got my wife a heated 12v blanket a year or two ago because on long drives she would always want the heat on the whole time and there I was driving with my head out the window trying to get a breath of air Crazy.gif New car has dual climate zones which is a life saver so we don't use the blanket anymore, but I need to remember to put it in the boat!

BTW-were you out on the Willamette last Saturday afternoon?

Dual zones would be nice. I'm just glad our cars have heated seats so that she can have hers on all of the time and we don't have to have the heat blasting away. I will have to keep the dual zones in mind the next time we are looking for a new car for us. We just picked up a used Vibe for my younger son as a graduation present from his grandparents. He graduated from George Fox University on Saturday, which is where we were that day, so unfortunately we were not out on the river. I was thinking of it though while we were sitting through a rather boring commencement address. I missed out on some decent weather and now we are back into the Oregon rain. Oh well, at least he graduated.

That's a huge mark up on those blankets. Your mother in law could sew some up for about $20 and you'd score some brownie points with her and the wife.

If you were to go out and buy the gortex cover and the fleece you probably couldn't make one for the price over at skyski.com. I bought one last night. One snorkel and 2 kids, this should at least slow down the fighting.

Here's another cheaper alternative:

http://www.heatedcarblanket.com/?gclid=CIW...CFRpZiAod4Bxtwg

60" x 44" heated (DC) with thermostat for $20. I think I will pick up a couple or three at this price...

We've used a similar blanket in the past. Be careful with them. It gets interesting when they get wet.

I think I'd just get the one from Wakeoutlaw posted above. Less fireworks.