Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X Breakdown Tips

lerch

Coming from a Titan to an Illusion X for the first time this season. Has anyone come up with a system to enable easy collapse of the Illusion X tower by one person once its loaded with racks, speakers, etc. I was thinking of constructing a pole/bracket combo of some kind to prop it in the up position from the boat floor while the release pins are pulled and then moving forward into a better position to to collapse the tower. What are others doing?

Coming from a Titan to an Illusion X for the first time this season. Has anyone come up with a system to enable easy collapse of the Illusion X tower by one person once its loaded with racks, speakers, etc. I was thinking of constructing a pole/bracket combo of some kind to prop it in the up position from the boat floor while the release pins are pulled and then moving forward into a better position to to collapse the tower. What are others doing?

I did the same. One hand on the tower and one on the pin. I believe the 07s got a spring inside that helps a little too.

Welcome to the crew. Where are you located in E.Wa?

I have a 2 X 4 cut to length with padding on each end that when I put it between the floor and the tower it is just slightly to long that way I can bias the tower a little up. I have the older Illusion that does not have pins but has the cap screws. I remove those and then pull the 2 X 4 out of place and lower it. It is really simple and works easy.

-Dave

I also do the 2x4 method. I have one for removing the screws and another for resting when it is in the garage so it isn't on the dash.

One hand on tower and one on pin...I don't find the tower that heavy even with speakers and racks.

Plus1.gif

I can put up the tower while standing on the wheel well. One hand to raise the tower, the other to reach around and put the pin in. It's pretty simple. With the speakers and racks, it is a bit heavy now, but still doable, and I plan on tightening the springs this year to help me out.

Plus1.gif It's a pretty light tower, so I have one hand on the tower, one pulling out the pins, it works pretty well.

Thanks for all the feedback. I havent loaded up the tower yet or fully tightened the tension springs so I will give it a try.

One hand on tower and one on pin...I don't find the tower that heavy even with speakers and racks.

Plus1.gif

I can put up the tower while standing on the wheel well. One hand to raise the tower, the other to reach around and put the pin in. It's pretty simple. With the speakers and racks, it is a bit heavy now, but still doable, and I plan on tightening the springs this year to help me out.

MAN you must be a body builder my tower is heavy with 2 pairs of speaker and 4 racks. I can do it but it is very hard. The springs are tighten all the way and it still does'nt help.

Same here. Two Pro 60s, two racks and bimini and it feels like lead. Your not taking that thing down without being in the boat. And I have the springs maxed out.

I haven't adjusted the springs at all yet, but plan on it this spring. I have 1 set of speakers and 1 set of racks. So, it's not maxed out, but it's not empty either.

Whimps.