Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sunscape LSV and wet ski locker

nemalibu

Does everyone out there with a Sunscape LSV have water in their ski locker?

I have a plug in the rear of the ski locker but I still get water in there. Does anyone know where this could be comming from? I have a heater. Could the water be comming from the heater line (I hear that runs through the ski locker area)?

Does everyone out there with a Sunscape LSV have water in their ski locker?

I have a plug in the rear of the ski locker but I still get water in there. Does anyone know where this could be comming from? I have a heater. Could the water be comming from the heater line (I hear that runs through the ski locker area)?

I have no idea, but I get lots of water in there too. I know it isn't from the heater line, because I get water in there w/out the engine running. It just leaks from somewhere.

I think mine comes from a slow leak around the through-hull fitting. I just live with it - for some reason, it only get so deep in there.

yea, I’ve got water in mine too. There are two plugs in my locker, one that flows to the back of the boat, and one in the bottom of the hull. I usually pull the plug in the bottom of the locker when I pull the boat out of the water to let it drain out. There is a drain in the back that SHOULD let the water drain into the engine compartment, but mine doesn’t. I even tried cleaning it out with a long stick and putting the boat on an incline, and for what ever reason the water does not seem to want to move through that drain We don’t get very much water in there, I don’t feel that anything is leaking. Its just accumulation of drip water from wet people...etc.

yea, I’ve got water in mine too. There are two plugs in my locker, one that flows to the back of the boat, and one in the bottom of the hull. I usually pull the plug in the bottom of the locker when I pull the boat out of the water to let it drain out. There is a drain in the back that SHOULD let the water drain into the engine compartment, but mine doesn’t. I even tried cleaning it out with a long stick and putting the boat on an incline, and for what ever reason the water does not seem to want to move through that drain We don’t get very much water in there, I don’t feel that anything is leaking. Its just accumulation of drip water from wet people...etc.

Mine clearly leaks... just start with it dry, and watch it when you lanuch the boat (no wet people, or engine running - eliminating any heater questions).

I also don't get any real movement of water through that little plug that should run into the bildge. In fact, I now leave mine closed, so I dont' get water from the bildge running up into the ski locker..

I just live with it

Mine will pass water through the plug that goes through the back wall to the rest of the bilge. The plug itself is plastic and should seal up and prevent leakage. But, it doesn't look like they did anything on mine to seal up the outer part of the housing to the wall. They just drilled a hole and screwed it down. So I suspect mine passes water around the plug housing. I can dry my ski locker out and then put nose down in the garage and will get water in there, so I'm pretty sure its not coming from the drain plug in the bottom. I can nose up and remove the plug and a lot will go back to the bilge, but not all of it.

yea, I've got water in mine too. There are two plugs in my locker, one that flows to the back of the boat, and one in the bottom of the hull. I usually pull the plug in the bottom of the locker when I pull the boat out of the water to let it drain out. There is a drain in the back that SHOULD let the water drain into the engine compartment, but mine doesn't. I even tried cleaning it out with a long stick and putting the boat on an incline, and for what ever reason the water does not seem to want to move through that drain We don't get very much water in there, I don't feel that anything is leaking. Its just accumulation of drip water from wet people...etc.

Mine clearly leaks... just start with it dry, and watch it when you lanuch the boat (no wet people, or engine running - eliminating any heater questions).

I also don't get any real movement of water through that little plug that should run into the bildge. In fact, I now leave mine closed, so I dont' get water from the bildge running up into the ski locker..

I just live with it

Is there a valve or a plug on the drain that goes into the engine compartment??