Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I just bought a 1999 Malibu Wakesetter with the 1st generation Wedge. We recently took it out and tried the wedge for the first time. When I was pulling someone on the wakeboard with the wedge down it would not plane out. We had it near full throttle and it would go about 15 mph. We did have about six people on the boat. Is this normal?

Sounds like you didn't have it locked or all the way down, I have the power wedge and had it about half way down once and that happened to me.

Sounds like you didn't have it locked or all the way down, I have the power wedge and had it about half way down once and that happened to me.

Mine is manual though. There are only 2 positions that I am aware of. All the way up or all the way down.

Mine is manual though. There are only 2 positions that I am aware of. All the way up or all the way down.

I'm aware of that, that is why I mentioned that it may have not been locked and actually floated up in a dragging position. Are you sure the pin was in all the way and was it locked when you pulled it back up? If it happens again make sure to check and see if the wedge moves by hand, or did you already check that?

I'm aware of that, that is why I mentioned that it may have not been locked and actually floated up in a dragging position. Are you sure the pin was in all the way and was it locked when you pulled it back up? If it happens again make sure to check and see if the wedge moves by hand, or did you already check that?

No I didn't check that. I was in the the one on the wakeboard so I didn't see if it had popped out. I'll make sure to check that next time out.

Thanks

No I didn't check that. I was in the the one on the wakeboard so I didn't see if it had popped out. I'll make sure to check that next time out.

Thanks

No problem, also check and make sure that nothing is loose or looks wore out.

if the wedge is locked in the down position it only makes sense if the engine is not running strong or unless the previous owner tried to get crafty and change the angle of the wedge, which i doubt.