Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Please Help, Beeping Problem

I need some help. Last year before I winterized my 2002 Sunscape 21LSV ran perfect. I took it out today for the first time and I had a beeping alarm that would not end. I have done some searches on here and found out about the oil pressure switch, transmission temperature and engine temperature.

Can someone please supply pics on what they look like or where they are located so I can troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks

Have no pics. But the There are 2 on top of the tranny. The one on the LEFT is the tranny temp and you can simply unplug it and if the beep goes away, BINGO. Same goes for the engine oil temp sensor which is just BELOW the oil filter. They are basically brass plugs that, at a given (too HOT) temp, melt internally and make contact...thereby triggering the alarm. I know the tranny one, described above works that way. The one by the filter MAY be the oil pressure switch. So I would unplug those one at a time and see if it goes away.

Someone else will chime in with more details I am sure.

Best of Luck,

I need some help. Last year before I winterized my 2002 Sunscape 21LSV ran perfect. I took it out today for the first time and I had a beeping alarm that would not end. I have done some searches on here and found out about the oil pressure switch, transmission temperature and engine temperature.

Can someone please supply pics on what they look like or where they are located so I can troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks

i had similar beep 2 seasons ago, and it was the oil sending unit. It screws into the side of the block on the port side (on my '00 monsoon II DD anyway). 3 dollar part that corrected the problem.

I had a beeping problem last year and it was the knock sensor located on the starboard side of the motor. The sensor was one of the lower block drain plugs.

well I give up, I guess I have to take it to the dealer. I tried unpluging all the sensors one at a time and also all at the same time. The oil pressure switch is showing ground to the computer. I am out of ideas.

Any last ideas from anyone I can try before taking it to the dealership? thanks for all the input.

I have none more to offer, but I did find a dealer (not even a Malibu dealer) that ran the DXs on my Bu' for like $40 and told me what was wrong with it. As long as it is an Indmar dealer, they should have the laptop to plug and pull the codes for you.

Best of luck and please report as to what it actually is. :unsure:

well I give up, I guess I have to take it to the dealer. I tried unpluging all the sensors one at a time and also all at the same time. The oil pressure switch is showing ground to the computer. I am out of ideas.

Any last ideas from anyone I can try before taking it to the dealership? thanks for all the input.

I have the same boat and had the same problem just six months ago and spent alot of time and frustration trying to troubleshoot. What I eventually discovered was that there are actually 3 engine temperature sensors on this model engine. One sensor feeds the gauge, one sensor sends a signal to the ECM and one sensor sends a signal to the warning buzzer.

The engine temperature sensor for the buzzer is just to the right of the thermostat housing above the fan belt pulley as if you were on the swim platform looking at the engine. Remove the wire and if the buzzer stops with the engine running you have found the problem.

It wasn't so obvious on my engine because I have fresh water cooling and it is very hard to see in that area, however i did manage to lean through with a camera and the corrosion in that area is now obvious!

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE Thumbup.gif Figured out problem, it was a bad ecm and ignition module. I am back in bussiness. Thanks All for the help.

After my advice....*I* am now the victim AGAIN. Same thing as "cucol"....winterized without issue, de-winterized today on the boat ramp in the water and ran for 20 mins with this annoying multi-beep, sounds pretty much like the "General Warning" Beep I got last year when the tranny sensor went. NO POSSIBLE WAY anything was hot...as it did it 5 seconds after starting up. The engine came up to temp just fine, amps were fine, oil pressure fine, etc...boat ran PERFECT other than this annoying beep...although, I did not take it off the trailer.

My boat will be CLOSE BY all week for a new HU and WS-420 install and so, unless someone can give me a better quick fix, my boat is right at 4 years old and seems to be developing these issues...so am planning on ordering EVERY POSSIBLE SENSOR on the motor that there is (input on that, what all I would need would be helpful) and replacing ALL OF THEM ASAP. Getting a little sick of this crap, frankly. Dontknow.gif

cucol, since yours is an 2002, how much did it cost to replace the ECM and IGNITION module? Just curious...

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV