Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan Tower (1,2,3)

hco

Alright, last year I bought the pre-illusion titan swoop tower, but the boat is a family boat, and my Dad is pissed because when he skiis the rope hits the back feet, and he is unhappy with that. So I have to sell my current tower (on a 99 RLX), and get a new one. I was looking at the Titan 1 because of it's price, looks, and known compatibility (not to mention solid performance). So my question is, do any RLX owners have a Titan 1, and when you ski, does the rope still touch with the back legs? Also, why (or should) I spend the 400$ more to get the titan 2 over the titan 1? I do not see much difference besides the more color options (but black is fine for me), and I was wondering why the price difference.

Thanks,

Dan

Hey Dan-

Any of the Titan towers installed on your '99 Response should cause no problems for skiing anything up to 35'. Even at that line length and shorter, the amount that the rope will hit the tower is minimal, so if your dad is by chance skiing shorter than that, it shouldn't be a huge issue.

In addition to the availability of a fully polished finish, the Series II also features a number of upgrades related to the hardware that is included with the tower. The most noticeable change is the addition of a new tow spool on the Series II that allows the tower to be easily folded without using any hand tools. If you will be collapsing the tower regularly, the convenience of the quick release system on the Series II may be worth considering.

Also, the Series II features a more rounded rear hoop, which does not alter the performance of the tower, but does create a more aesthetically pleasing design.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

pre-illusion titan swoop tower huh?

Sounds like a 1 7/8", rock solid, spider cracking, cast aluminum, progessivly styled monster of a tower....

Seriously though a Titan or Skylon tower isn't messing with your slamom performance for 99% of Malibu boat owners.

-Chris

The features of Version II wouldn't make me spend the extra $400 bucks, while the design is more refined and a few other things as Jason mentioned it's the same tower. If cost is an issue I'd just stick to the version I, it's served me well for the last 8 years!

Thanks for the advice, I intend to pick one up once wakeside starts to take orders/start shipping them May 19.

I will put up some pictures of the current tower that I have though. For it's time it is actually a very nice tower, 2 1/4", and not too much shake, very little. It is clear that it was designed for 23' boats though because of the location of the tow spool, when someone big gets behind my LX they tend to yank the boat more than usual because the location of the spool is a couple more feet forward of the normal pylon.

Just so you know, you can place an order for a Series I from Wakeside right now. The date they list for when it will ship is based on the lead time to manufacturer a custom made tower. It currently takes about two weeks, so that date will always be three weeks out from today's date.

Go ahead and place your order now, and we'll get started building the tower, which will be ready and ship out by the date they list on the website. Contact Wakeside at 866-925-3743 if you have any questions.

We've a Titan 1 on our 02 RLX and it's not a problem with 35' off skiers. Can't comment shorter than that as haven't towed anyone that good Notworthy.gif