Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just picked up my 1st malibu, lil help please

C_Rowe

I just picked up my first malibu, a v-ride, and I'm really happy I finally got the boat i've always wanted! When I was checking it over again today, I noticed a small crack/split in the fiberglass right where they put the serial numbers (like they stamped the numbers on it and cracked it when they did it) on the back of the boat. I didn't see it before I left the dealership because its behind the swim platform and I saw it today while playing with the wedge. I'm guessing they put those numbers on it while its being manufactured since its imprinted. I drove too far to take it back bc it was a leftover from 07 that had never sold. I'm not sure if I should put it in the water either bc I wouldn't want water to get into the hull of the boat, if it could i don't know. Do you guys know if thats covered under warranty or am I screwed since I didn't see it before I signed the papers?

<edited>

Some states have a 3 day right to review on contracts, etc...one call to the Atty General will let you know if your state has such a law.

If you got a nice deal on the boat, and like you said...it is a LONG way over there, AND you like everything else about the boat...I would just pursue it via the warranty and dealership. There is likely a Malibu authorized fiberglass repair place reasonably close to you.

Knowing what I now know, I wouldn't sweat it. I doubt it is a crack significant enough to leak, and Malibu has always had a wonderful reputation for fixing hull stress fractures and/or gel blistering that occurs occasionally (under warranty).

It is 100% covered under warranty, btw.

Hope this helps and best of luck,

Do you guys know if thats covered under warranty or am I screwed since I didn't see it before I signed the papers?
Edited by WaveMake'nLSV

Congrats on the new ride. Your bu is covered. it has a life time hull warranty. Call your dealer they should be fine with taking care of it. If not pm me.

p.s. welcome to the crew.

Congrats on the new ride. Your bu is covered. it has a life time hull warranty. Call your dealer they should be fine with taking care of it. If not pm me.

p.s. welcome to the crew.

Cool thanks for the help

congrats on the new boat!! my hull stamp is butchered too, i wish there was a better way for them to blend it in better. at least on the new boats i noticed they have it behind the swim step now so it's no longer on the transom in plain sight anymore.

I just picked up my first malibu, a v-ride, and I'm really happy I finally got the boat i've always wanted! When I was checking it over again today, I noticed a small crack/split in the fiberglass right where they put the serial numbers (like they stamped the numbers on it and cracked it when they did it) on the back of the boat. I didn't see it before I left the dealership because its behind the swim platform and I saw it today while playing with the wedge. I'm guessing they put those numbers on it while its being manufactured since its imprinted. I drove too far to take it back bc it was a leftover from 07 that had never sold. I'm not sure if I should put it in the water either bc I wouldn't want water to get into the hull of the boat, if it could i don't know. Do you guys know if thats covered under warranty or am I screwed since I didn't see it before I signed the papers?

Here are a few pics, hope the link works. http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/mrskampy/