Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Salt Lake City Ski Spots

JohnnyBlueToes

Relocating to Salt Lake City and looking for some good suggestions for getting on the water. Intend on living more or less in the city, and looking for that 5 AM, who needs Starbucks when you've got a Bu, type of spot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Edited by JohnnyBlueToes

I'm willing to give in return.........

I don't have any ski partners that are relocating with me, so lookong for some comrades to share in the dawn patrol with me as well.

I don't get out to often in the early mornings. We try to get out after work or Saturdays. I'm about 20 min north of SLC and go to Pineview which is another 40 min north. Some Saturdays we will go up Parleys Canyon to Jordanell or South of SLC to Utah lake.

Unfortunately one of the only things that SLC doesn't have is convenient access to good boating sites. It's not like the PNW where you can drive 5 minutes from downtown Portland or Seattle and be on the river in great water. Jordanell is probably the closest place, and that's at least an hour from downtown SLC.

I haven't been there that long though, so maybe a veteran can chime in with a secret spot they know.

Let me know when you make it out here and we can grab a 3% drink.

I don't get out to often in the early mornings. We try to get out after work or Saturdays. I'm about 20 min north of SLC and go to Pineview which is another 40 min north. Some Saturdays we will go up Parleys Canyon to Jordanell or South of SLC to Utah lake.
Let me know when you make it out here and we can grab a 3% drink.

Thanks for the responses.

I've tearned up about the same in my research, but was hoping for that nugget I as missing.

Looks like I need lack of quality water time into my move negotiations package (along with the lack of a quality drink!). When I get settled in I'll let you know.

Thanks.