Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat vibrates over 20mph

Do you mean the engine vibrates like there's something wrong with it or, the whole boat vibrates like a dinged prop or bent prop shaft? Take a quick look at all the blades of the prop. Are they all smooth and look o.k.?

Just bought a 1986 skier. Vibrates over 20. Steams. Oil pressure all the way up

One way to test what Pete is asking is to rev the engine in neutral. At 20 mph I'm guessing you're around 2000 rpm.... so put it in neutral, rev to 2500 or so, and report back if it's vibrating.

I wouldn't worry about oil pressure, pull the throttle out, as mentioned above, to determine if it's the engine or the prop/shaft.

A few times I've had a small piece of wood caught in the rudder assembly and it caused a shudder in the boat. Once I couldn't see it while swmming under the boat, so I pulled the boat and immediately put it back in the water (after I checked the prop/shaft by hand). I started it up and the shudder went away.

There was lots of debris in the water in that lake.