Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge stuck!

The power wedge on our new VTX is stuck down. There appears to be a relay in line rather a fuse. I've only had a quick look at it but the motor doesn't run when hitting the Wedge Up, Wedge Down or Deploy Wedge button. Does anyone know how to override the system and get it up? I hate it when it doesn't get up. Whistling.gif

The power wedge on our new VTX is stuck down. There appears to be a relay in line rather a fuse. I've only had a quick look at it but the motor doesn't run when hitting the Wedge Up, Wedge Down or Deploy Wedge button. Does anyone know how to override the system and get it up? I hate it when it doesn't get up. Whistling.gif

Ah just drop it off for service and pick it up in a couple weeks. Biggrin.gif

We were going to head out to Lake Stevens and before leaving I thought maybe we should starter up in the driveway. Turned the key and nothing. Called Madras and David walked me though about 5 things and we finally figured out it was a bad igiition wire. I ran a new yellow/red wire from the igintion back to the starter and it worked fine. I have no idea what could have cause this wire to go bad.

Let me know if you get it figured out tomorrow.

CB,

It's going in for it's 20 check Monday so I'll have a short list of things to fix. Actually, I'm a little disappointed in the failures. I'm glad we don't live any further away from the dealership than we do. Hopefully, they can get everything on one swoop.

By the way it hasn't been easy getting 20 hours on it with this weather. It's taken a lot of wine.

CB,

It's going in for it's 20 check Monday so I'll have a short list of things to fix. Actually, I'm a little disappointed in the failures. I'm glad we don't live any further away from the dealership than we do. Hopefully, they can get everything on one swoop.

By the way it hasn't been easy getting 20 hours on it with this weather. It's taken a lot of wine.

The good thing is Bakes has a great service department and will get you fixed up. I don't think the wedge issue you are having is anything major. I'm sure it's just a quick fix. Is anything else not working?

At least your boat's been in the water this year. The only water mine has seen - was from washing it yesterday.

Is the speedo working?

Speed is working. Preset seem to be working. It's going in for it's 20 hour check tomorrow. They can fix it then.

Thanks

I would check the wires on the back of the switch to make sure that they are all plugged in

They are plugged in and it's going to the shop tomorrow!

Bakes Marine says the power wedges have been very reliable. He thinks it needs to be recalibrate which is something easily done, usually when you first take delivery.

Did you fix the problem? Let us know what the fix was.

The problem came from power always being sent to the pistons from the actuator. There should only be power when you hit the button. They replaced the actuator. It seems to work but the gauge needs to be lined up with the angle of the wedge. So far, the gauge isn't even close to being accurate. I'll call Bakes and hopefully they can help me remedy it my self.