Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blower making loud noise when running

ryan04wakesetter

I have an 04 Malibu Wakesetter direct drive and the blower seems to be running really rough and loud. I am not sure if this could be some bearings going out or if it is supposed to sound this way. I am also not sure where it is located. I read on the forums that on an 04 Response it is on the starboard rear. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.

you will be replacing it soon. they get louder when they are going bad. can't help as far as the location, i have a response, and it is in the rear, on the starboard side. it should be easy enough to find, just listen for it, should be close to whereever it "exhausts" on your boat.

you will be replacing it soon. they get louder when they are going bad. can't help as far as the location, i have a response, and it is in the rear, on the starboard side. it should be easy enough to find, just listen for it, should be close to whereever it "exhausts" on your boat.

Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace and if it is a relatively easy?

I have a 03 Wakesetter DD. On mine there is a three sided partition in the trunk that protects the blower and hoses. Remove the screws that attach the partition to the floor of the trunk and remove it, you should find the blower mounted on the transom.

I try and extend the life of mine by not using it very much.. :unsure:

I really thought that with the title of this thread and it being Friday afternoon, you would have some smart @$$ remark...you disappoint me :lol: Then again maybe you are trying to be funny...hmmmm.... Whistling.gif