Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

response lx rear seat

sunnyd

hi um was wondering if the 1995 response had the rear seat that you could move up and turn into a sunpad . i have heard ya'll talkin bout it on here and was wondering if it apllied to those year bu

My "guess"is yes. I have a 1998.... it has the removable and insertable rear seat. However, it's a pretty skinny sunpad.

Quite frankly, my Response is a skiboat. So the seat comes out for the summer. Can't have folks sit in the back during slalom runs. If I need extra seating, that's why I bought a couple of Launch Seats. They sit beside the motor box.... face rearwards....and don't get in the way of a ski rope.

When my daughter w-boards, the fat sack sits where the rear seat bottom normally sits.

Again, the rear sear rarely gets used as a seat..... let alone a sunpad.

I also would not want it sitting up n the raised position while underway. Wind could blow it in the drink.Certainly would not want anyone sitting/laying on it while underway. Major CO concerns, as well as likely to get bounced out.

My "guess"is yes. I have a 1998.... it has the removable and insertable rear seat. However, it's a pretty skinny sunpad.

Quite frankly, my Response is a skiboat. So the seat comes out for the summer. Can't have folks sit in the back during slalom runs. If I need extra seating, that's why I bought a couple of Launch Seats. They sit beside the motor box.... face rearwards....and don't get in the way of a ski rope.

Where did you get the launch seats? An after market option, I assume? How do they secure to the boat? I've got a '98 as well.

Malibu is the only company that makes them. They're fantastic. Light (19 pounds), stable, and look JUST like your interior. They don't bolt down.... but they are so stable, you can move them anywhere. Not cheap, if you buy new. I keep my eyes peeled on eBay and here on the Crew. Trouble is..... shipping costs anywhere from $50 ~ $80 bucks. Usually come in white or white and moonbeam, with various color piping. Used will cost anywhere from $120 to $250 each.

post-114-1209269420_thumb.jpg

post-114-1209269453_thumb.jpg

post-114-1209269483_thumb.jpg

Malibu is the only company that makes them. They're fantastic. Light (19 pounds), stable, and look JUST like your interior. They don't bolt down.... but they are so stable, you can move them anywhere. Not cheap, if you buy new. I keep my eyes peeled on eBay and here on the Crew. Trouble is..... shipping costs anywhere from $50 ~ $80 bucks. Usually come in white or white and moonbeam, with various color piping. Used will cost anywhere from $120 to $250 each.

Very nice. Thanks for the pictures. I'm going to have to look into getting some of those!