Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Have you ever used your insurance policy?

wakeup

Insurance  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Ever submit an insurance claim for your boat/trailer?

• Yes
    • No

While I had my boat at my trailer, I had the top 25 feet of a 40 foot Spruce end up in my boat.

Damage:

broken Bracket for swim platform,

broken sun deck

couple of gel coat chips and various gel coat scratches,

broken tower speaker,

Brand new Roswell tower all scratched up (needs polishing)

4 seat skins need replacing,

sun deck skin needs replacing

tree sap in carpet (needs professional cleaning)

I have Premier Marine Insurance on both my boats and I would go without !!

Does not make any sense not to have insurance

• 2 weeks later...

I've had 3 boats in 5 years. My 1st was a '95 Bayliner bowrider, that was stolen on July 1st, 2005. State Farm reimbursed me very quickly, and I immediately bought a '95 Malibu Tantrum. I insured it through Progressive, and eventually hit something in the water last year that cracked the hull in a very bad location. Progressive wound up totalling it without any questions. I now have a '98 Sunsetter, and am still with Progressive.

I really feel sorry for insurance companies. I don't think they've been able to make $1 off me in my lifetime. Come to think of it, I've also had a $6K claim for my roof, and $2500 claim for hail damage to my car this year. :unsure:

I really feel sorry for insurance companies. I don't think they've been able to make $1 off me in my lifetime. Come to think of it, I've also had a $6K claim for my roof, and $2500 claim for hail damage to my car this year. :unsure:

You spend your hard-earned money insuring something against known perils. One such peril occurs to the insured object, your insurer pays what they are OBLIGATED to pay, and you feel sorry for them? Trust me, no insurer feels bad about not providing coverage for something they didn't contract to cover and leaving you without coverage.

You spend your hard-earned money insuring something against known perils. One such peril occurs to the insured object, your insurer pays what they are OBLIGATED to pay, and you feel sorry for them? Trust me, no insurer feels bad about not providing coverage for something they didn't contract to cover and leaving you without coverage.

True, because in the end they just raise rates to compensate.

I wasn't really serious about feeling sorry for them. I know that insurance companies will almost always win out. I definitely don't believe in over-insurance either.