Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Repropping

reconabe

I live in the mountains above 5000 feet and I am purchasing a boat where the elevation is like 400 feet. Does anyone have recommendations on what prop I should switch to?

Hmmmm, let's see. One with a lower pitch.

The more info we have, the more info we can give you.

Boat brand/model.

Motor.

Current prop.

Intended use of the boat.

Welcome.gif

I live at 6000 ft and bought a boat from Washington State. They used a 14 pitch and I went to a 12 1/2. A 10 1/2 according to the prop experts is what I should have been using but I really lost top end with that. Was pretty nice getting my arms extended from the hole shot though Thumbup.gif

Hmmmm, let's see. One with a lower pitch.

The more info we have, the more info we can give you.

Boat brand/model.

Motor.

Current prop.

Intended use of the boat.

Welcome.gif

Plus1.gif

Your going to want to go down (lower pitch) one or two sizes but then again you may be using the boat different then the other owner. Dontknow.gif