Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Response LXI Monsoon Fuel Filter

Hey Everyone, Hopefully this topic hasnt been discused I searched but couldnt come up with an answer. I have a 2007 Response LXI and I need to replace the fuel filter. I usually do my own maintenance but I am not as familiar with these new boats. I do the oil changes ect. I have been told the filter is in the tank. To access the top of the tank you have to pull out the floor in the back storage compartment right? I think the screws are kinda recessed in the carpet. Anyone know how many there are? Is that all that you need to do to remove that panel? Also I have heard rumors that the tank is pressurised. Is that true? Basically how do I got about replacing the filter? Or is the dealer the best way. This is a team boat and like I said I usually do the normal maintenance (due to long wait times at dealer) but im not sure about this one. Thanks for your help in advance.

Sam Huff

Texas Tech Waterski Team

• 1 month later...

anyone else have any ideas? Is the tank really pressurized and does it have to be re-pressurized?

I have an access port in the rear-most panel of the trunk. It lifts up/out of the way. Not sure if the 07 has it or not. My 07 has the panel. Don't know about the fuel tank being under pressure? Don't believe it could be or the fuel filler's must have some cool one way valving. The fuel rail is under pressure.

You must bleed the fuel pressure off at the fuel rail first, as the in-tank pump has pressured the entire line up to the engine. Naturally, you need to do this cold so not to spray fuel over the engine and risk explosion. The filter is accessible under the hinged access port, and you must remove the snap ring holding the fuel output line into the tank. You will also have fuel overflow from from this when it remove it. The filter is right there, in the tank.

Or....just have your dealer do it at the 100 hour service.

Peter :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...