Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this Boat for Sale by any chance a Crewmember??

JAF1063

I've seen that boat before....not sure where though. Looks like a killer deal. I bought my 2000 RLX a couple years ago from a guy in Kentucky....same deal, very low hours for a 2000 model (I think there were around 150). I went and test drove it and towed it home with me the next day. This seller seem legit, I would certaintly test drive before bidding. It's a nice boat though, almost identical to mine (aside from colors). I have no regrets buying a used Malibu from a complete stranger, just do you homework and test drive the boat first.

JMHO

Thanks for the input!! The friend of mine that is looking at it test drove and skied behind it yesterday, only he skied and test drove a 2008 Response LXi on Saturday and that wake was non-existant.....I am actually jealous that he has been able to get out so much already.... Biggrin.gif

Edited by JAF1063

I've seen that boat before....not sure where though. Looks like a killer deal. I bought my 2000 RLX a couple years ago from a guy in Kentucky....same deal, very low hours for a 2000 model (I think there were around 150). I went and test drove it and towed it home with me the next day. This seller seem legit, I would certaintly test drive before bidding. It's a nice boat though, almost identical to mine (aside from colors). I have no regrets buying a used Malibu from a complete stranger, just do you homework and test drive the boat first.

JMHO

Live by this rule

I have no idea how anyone could say the buyer seems legit based on a few photos and an Ebay ad.

I have no information to say the boat/guy is bad, but basing your "legit" decision on an ebay ad's wording is puzzling.

Live by this rule

I have no idea how anyone could say the buyer seems legit based on a few photos and an Ebay ad.

I have no information to say the boat/guy is bad, but basing your "legit" decision on an ebay ad's wording is puzzling.

Did you even read the rest of my post...first I said "seems" legit. I'm not saying he is or is not, but based on the OPs original question about the low amount of hours on the boat, from my experience it is possible. And I go on to suggest not bidding until a test drive takes place.

Are you disagreeing with my advise?

I am the 3rd owner of my 95.

The 2nd owner did not have anytime so sold it 2 weeks after he purchased it.

Paper trails led me to an elder couple who purchased new & had meticulous records of everything.

185 hours on the boat.

Just go run it.