Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rankin cover

gilby52

I need a cover for my 1999 Sunsetter LX without a tower. I have been told rankin is the best option for me? Opinions, other options?

I got my Rankin cover last year, and I absolutely love it. It fits perfectly and is very tight. My 'bu sat outside all winter long and I had no water problems whatsoever. I also use the Bilge Wizard, and she stays very dry and dries out rapidly after use.

I need a cover for my 1999 Sunsetter LX without a tower. I have been told rankin is the best option for me? Opinions, other options?

Evolution Covers, check the discounts section. Also, there are some companies in recent years that have been advertising as using Sunbrella when they in fact have not (they've been using a knock-off). You can call Sunbrella directly & ask them if they sell to a certain company or not. Sunbrella contact page. I highly encourage you to do so before ordering.

Dennis M,

I certainly hope that you're not openly recruiting business on this forum. If so, please review our Terms of Use.

Evolution Covers, check the discounts section. Also, there are some companies in recent years that have been advertising as using Sunbrella when they in fact have not (they've been using a knock-off). You can call Sunbrella directly & ask them if they sell to a certain company or not. Sunbrella contact page. I highly encourage you to do so before ordering.

Dennis M,

I certainly hope that you're not openly recruiting business on this forum. If so, please review our Terms of Use.

I second Evolution Covers. Cory was great to deal with and the cover looked great. His turn around time is very quick (I got mine in about a week). I highly recommend them for great service and a quality product.

Dennis M,

If your looking for a cover to last just a few yrs then a knock of should be ok. But for me Sunbrella is the only way to go, I want to make sure its going to last for years and it would help with the resale.

Cory at Evolution has great customer service and will work with you even after the sale with any changes that would be needed if any. Thumbup.gif

unfortunate for me, Cory does not make a cover for my sunsetter, so it looks like Rankin!

I've had both a Rankin and an Evolution. Cory has incredible customer service, but they both make great covers. You can't go wrong either way. Like mentioned, check out the group buy over on Planet Nautique.

Planet nautique is running a group buy on Rankin covers now, and we're welcome to take part. Should save you about $100

-Chris

Its actually more than $100. I believe what I listed as "retail" is actually the dealer price. Actual savings are over $200, if Im not mistaken. Theres a link to the PN group buy in the Deals forum here.