Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High gas prices

NvBoarder

San Mateo, CA

Ah, you beat me to it. They actually had it priced .20 more per grade and it looks like they lowered the price!! They had started at $4.28 reg. $4.48 plus and $4.68 prem. Looks like they are trying to be a little more competitive now Whistling.gif

Edited by 68Slalom
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• hrybls

• JohnDoe

• 68Slalom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I call gas at $2.65 a gallon by July.

I'm thinking $4.65 for 87 in No CA by WOW.

I agree with $4.65, I think $2.65 is a pipe deam.......there were people shorting oil at $50 too.....big mistake!

I call gas at $2.65 a gallon by July.

I'm thinking $4.65 for 87 in No CA by WOW.

I agree with $4.65, I think $2.65 is a pipe deam.......there were people shorting oil at $50 too.....big mistake!

That's what water is going to be at by then Dontknow.gif

Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump...

Trying to find something funny in the absurdity of it all .

The price of Gas versus Printer Ink

All these examples do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are....

You will be really shocked by the last one!

(At least, I was...)

Compared with Gasoline......

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective to other things we buy.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ..........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 .... $10.17 p er gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 ......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ...... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3 .85 .. $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .....$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..$21.19 per gallon! $21.19 for WATER and the buyers don't even know the source

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they ha ve you hooked for the ink.

Someone calculated the cost of the ink at...............

(you won't believe it....but it is true........)

$5,200 a gal. (five thousand two hundred dollars)

So, the next time you're at the pump ,be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or God forbid, Printer Ink!

Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump...

The main thing is that most people like me go through about 10-15 gallons of gas a week just to commute not to mention the weekend. I don't think I have gone through 1 gallon of most those products in my life, plus I can get a gallon of Gatorade for $4.95 at Albertson's :) I do drink a lot of that.

The main thing is that most people like me go through about 10-15 gallons of gas a week just to commute not to mention the weekend. I don't think I have gone through 1 gallon of most those products in my life, plus I can get a gallon of Gatorade for $4.95 at Albertson's :) I do drink a lot of that.

I use about 30 gal back and forth to work. Cry.gif

Im going to need a gal of gatorade a day when i have to start riding a bike to work!! :unsure:

Im going to need a gal of gatorade a day when i have to start riding a bike to work!! :unsure:

I have had a real serious thought of selling my GTO for a small 4 cylinder vehicle for work!

I have had a real serious thought of selling my GTO for a small 4 cylinder vehicle for work!

I commute 100 miles a day and get just over 30mpg, factor in the price of parking I pay a little more then 18 dollars a day Cry.gif

I have am currently going through a month + long hiring process with a new company and if I get it I get a company car w/free gas and my commute goes from 100 miles to 10 ft...I really want this job!

Roughly 100 miles a day and my sardine can car gets 38mpg when I don't push it... I'd take the captiol corridor (Amtrak) but they won't stop in the podunk town I work in... :( The boss won't let me work 9/80's to at least reduce travel, probably cause he knows I'd be at the lake anyway.. :)

Interesting group of posts.

Any oil we take from new drilling in Fla or ANWAR etc would immediately assume the global price of oil. It would not lower the price of a barrel of oil on the world market unless world demand remained flat-- not likely. Our domestic increase in production simply will never be great enough to significantly effect the world market.

My reason to prohibit any new domestic drilling is that the oil is safe in the ground and a day will come when it is absolutely vital to our economy. Even with all sorts of alternate energy and new efficiencies there will always be a place for oil in the economy. Presently we can purchase oil at the world price and though we may feel pinched societally we are a long way from dire straights.

The most sessible approach would really be to drill and prepare for the future and then leave the oil in the ground--- politicians and the world press would not however make this a viable alternative. We are best protected for the future if we purchase oil now and leave our own in the ground--- and get serious about conservation.

Pozos

I paid over $4 for the first time on Sat to fill the Bu. Sucked.

But, it's not going to stop me. Not until it's over $5 and the CFO is really getting on my case :)

Boy, I cannot ressist jumping into this thread!!! Whistling.gif

If anyone believes that the big, bad oil companies can manipulate oil prices (and therefore gasoline prices), then they would be high all the time!!! Clap.gifClap.gif

And, as far as profits.....you are down on "Big Oil" for their huge profits??? Well, I will offer this: Exxon had a 10.4% profit margin in Q4, and Microsoft had a profit margin of 30.4% for that same period!!! Yahoo.gif

Any oil we take from new drilling in Fla or ANWAR etc would immediately assume the global price of oil. It would not lower the price of a barrel of oil on the world market unless world demand remained flat-- not likely. Our domestic increase in production simply will never be great enough to significantly effect the world market.

My reason to prohibit any new domestic drilling is that the oil is safe in the ground and a day will come when it is absolutely vital to our economy. Even with all sorts of alternate energy and new efficiencies there will always be a place for oil in the economy. Presently we can purchase oil at the world price and though we may feel pinched societally we are a long way from dire straights.

The most sessible approach would really be to drill and prepare for the future and then leave the oil in the ground--- politicians and the world press would not however make this a viable alternative. We are best protected for the future if we purchase oil now and leave our own in the ground--- and get serious about conservation.

Pozos

In the real world, it would make a huge difference because we could regulate our own barrels per day/year output, not OPEC.

Pozos

In the real world, it would make a huge difference because we could regulate our own barrels per day/year output, not OPEC.

Please explain how "we" could regulate barrels, etc. Who is we? The American people? Oil Companies? "We" can't regulate anything.

Boy, I cannot ressist jumping into this thread!!! Whistling.gif

If anyone believes that the big, bad oil companies can manipulate oil prices (and therefore gasoline prices), then they would be high all the time!!! Clap.gifClap.gif

And, as far as profits.....you are down on "Big Oil" for their huge profits??? Well, I will offer this: Exxon had a 10.4% profit margin in Q4, and Microsoft had a profit margin of 30.4% for that same period!!! Yahoo.gif

There are viable alternatives to purchasing a Microsoft product such as Linux or Apple, plus it's a one time purchase. Gas is essential to our everyday life and therefore ha a greater impact on the populous. I don't have an issue w/ oil companies making a profit, the exploration & R&D costs billions to develop. Does the gov't still need to subsidize them though?

Did you see the part where a Goldman Sachs analyst said that it is increasingly likley to hit $150 to $200?!

fanning the flames of the speculative inferno...

Did you see the part where a Goldman Sachs analyst said that it is increasingly likley to hit $150 to $200?!

Here we go ROFL.gifROFL.gif

fanning the flames of the speculative inferno...

Who is, me? I'm neither fanning nor speculating. I do find it worth noting on this thread, however, that a representative from an investment banking firm speculates about even higher prices...hmm....it seems particularly relevant to the discussion of oil prices.

BTW, it appears that that story has been changed since link was first posted.

Guest J-Ro
Also Tuesday, Sens. Jack Reed of Rhode Island and Carl Levin of Michigan asked President Bush to create a federal task force "to investigate whether speculators are driving up prices in energy commodity markets through manipulative or deceptive practices."

The Democrats asked that the group include the Secretary of the Treasury, Attorney General, and the chairmen of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Commodities Future Trading Commission, Federal Trade Commission and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.