Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1995 Mercruiser overheating

My partner had the impeller replaced which disintegrated and overheated end of Dontknow.gif last season, then a valve went bad so we replaced the heads, the engine still overheats going straight up to 200 degrees plus. Could it be a thermostat issue or should I check for blockage in the impeller lines? The engine has been a solid performer up until now. Any suggestion would be helpful thanks!!

Did you check for any of the things listed in your previous post regarding this?

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=14030

If not there is a list of things to check...

My partner had the impeller replaced which disintegrated and overheated end of Dontknow.gif last season, then a valve went bad so we replaced the heads, the engine still overheats going straight up to 200 degrees plus. Could it be a thermostat issue or should I check for blockage in the impeller lines? The engine has been a solid performer up until now. Any suggestion would be helpful thanks!!

You might need to check the impeller again and the lines because last tear we had that happen or you might have a valve shut off under the motor. :unsure:

Could it be a thermostat issue or should I check for blockage in the impeller lines?

In a word? YES.

Replace thermostat.

Check for clogged impeller lines.

Check poppet valves in thermostat housing.

And call us in the morning.

Biggrin.gif

Check the transmission cooler. It is just aft of the raw water pump. Disconnect the hose to the cooler. There is a screen on the inside of the cooler that can get clogged and restrict water flow. If it's really clogged it can create so much back pressure that it will damage the impeller on the raw water pump.

THANKS TO ALL!!! Clap.gif Really appreciate the helpful comments If these dont work i'm thowing out the Bu and buying a disposable Bayliner!!