Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dual Batteries for my 06 V-Ride

funkcity

Most stern-drive boats keep the battery(s) close to the engine for minimum cable voltage drop losses and maximum power transfer.

However as far as I can guess on their V-drives, Malibu installs the battery in the passenger well adjacent to the drivers position as a throwback to the mid-engine

installation standard. Yes and it does save some space in the storage bins adjacent the engine.

That being said, who has done a dual battery install? How was it mounted and where?

I've used a manual A-B-Off switch in the past but an auto switcher looks quite attractive now as my kids love cranking up the tunes at rest.

I like to be able to start the boat afterwards! Thumbup.gif

Thanks!

I fit 3 batteries, amps and a sub in the passenger storage compartment. It's not a show install but I thought I would have pulled it all out and sold the boat by now. Dontknow.gif

I use a Stinger solenoid for install and forget switching,turn the ignition key off and the batteries are isolated, start the boat and they are all charging. It's worked for 4 years with heavy stereo use. Others like more complicated and more expensive versions that work great also.

post-149-1208811731_thumb.jpg

Thanks Wake Girl!

I assume that there is plenty of clearance between the floor (liner) and the actual bottom of the boat to mount the actual battery or box to?

That said, I see some 1"/3" ish blocks that I believe are lag-bolted (not through-bolted) to the floor.

Do these not loosen after time? Or is some epoxy added for good measure?