Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Follow up on Vibration in steering on VLX

weazer

Well everyone just thought I would let you know that Malibu and there customer service is grade A+. I posted a topic about 3 weeks ago about vibration in my steering on my 07 VLX with 20hrs on it. I was also having problems with the dealership not resolving the issue and was loosing money going back and forth to the dealer who was four hrs. away. Lets just say Malibu and Oasis water sports of Redding California fixed the issue and Oasis came through with a little kick back to me. Seems it was a steering cable and bracket issue. I would highly recommend Oasis Water sports to anyone in northern Cali. looking to purchase a boat Grade A+ dealer in my book they really took care of my family and I with the vibration issue and making sure we were OK with the outcome. I would also like to thank Mike from Malibu for contacting me and letting me know that the issue would be resolved and they would do everything possible to make sure it was fixed. Like I said my earlier questions about Malibu's Customer service and Oasis' customer relations was all wrong grade A+ to all and Thanks to everyone sure am glad I'm part of such a great family. Yahoo.gifThumbup.gifClap.gif

Well everyone just thought I would let you know that Malibu and there customer service is grade A+. I posted a topic about 3 weeks ago about vibration in my steering on my 07 VLX with 20hrs on it. I was also having problems with the dealership not resolving the issue and was loosing money going back and forth to the dealer who was four hrs. away. Lets just say Malibu and Oasis water sports of Redding California fixed the issue and Oasis came through with a little kick back to me. Seems it was a steering cable and bracket issue. I would highly recommend Oasis Water sports to anyone in northern Cali. looking to purchase a boat Grade A+ dealer in my book they really took care of my family and I with the vibration issue and making sure we were OK with the outcome. I would also like to thank Mike from Malibu for contacting me and letting me know that the issue would be resolved and they would do everything possible to make sure it was fixed. Like I said my earlier questions about Malibu's Customer service and Oasis' customer relations was all wrong grade A+ to all and Thanks to everyone sure am glad I'm part of such a great family. Yahoo.gifThumbup.gifClap.gif

Good news. Glad to hear that you were taken care of and got the vibration fixed. Clap.gif Those little vibration can really grate on your nerves-you should not have to deal with that when you spend $ for a quality boat.

when did the vibration occur. I get a really bad vibration when loading the boat on the trailer and sometimes when surfing (i guess when the boat is under load). Haven't had time to get the boat to the dealer yet though.

when did the vibration occur. I get a really bad vibration when loading the boat on the trailer and sometimes when surfing (i guess when the boat is under load). Haven't had time to get the boat to the dealer yet though.

What you're experiencing is perfectly normal. At slower speeds (surfing, loading on the trailer, pulling up a rider), when applying a lot of throttle, the water flowing over the rudder will vibrate it back and forth, which uncovers the small amount of "slop" in the rack and pinion steering hub. The result is a vibration that is felt in the steering wheel.

What you're experiencing is perfectly normal. At slower speeds (surfing, loading on the trailer, pulling up a rider), when applying a lot of throttle, the water flowing over the rudder will vibrate it back and forth, which uncovers the small amount of "slop" in the rack and pinion steering hub. The result is a vibration that is felt in the steering wheel.

thanks