Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First runs this weekend

Chef23

I put the boat in yesterday and my ski buddy, myself and my 8 year old got our first runs in. Water was 56* and the air was 66*. I slalomed twice and can feel it today. I was proud of my son he jumped in the water without a complaint about temperature and popped right up on the slalom then after my second set asked if he could wakeboard.

Water conditions were so so as it was windy but it was good to get out. I am going to try and get out again in the next day or two.

M3Fan and I went today. I footed and slalom briefly as the first time out I like to take it easy.

The tradition of always starting the year with a footin run continues. I was nice to be on my feet at 42mph(plus or minus) again after a few month hiatus.

We had a beautiful morning for sure! We had the lake to ourselves for as long as could stay on our feet! What an awesome early season day on the water. You probably only get a handful of days like that on public water every year. Phenomenal. And, that 2006 RLXi is an absolutely amazing machine!

I hit it this morning at 6:30 with one friend who is still learning. We skied next to an old cuss in an anchored sailboat who--coincidentally--also knows where the leeward side of a south wind is on our lake. He was really, really happy that we woke him up so he could get his marvelous day started! He gave us several salutes of thanks, but we couldn't hear exactly what he was saying over the exhaust note.

It was my second time out this year, and we each got in three short sets before the wind kicked up at 8:30. It went from glass to whitecaps in about 10 seconds. As the Guinness adds say: Brilliant! Cheers.gif All I can say is, I hope I recover by next weekend, because I am not sure if I will be able to drag this old body out of bed in the morning.

Sounds amazing! Up here in the Inland Northwest the river is at 38 degrees and I am currently looking out the window at some big fluffy snowflakes falling from the sky Shocking.gif

Very good! Sounds like a good day. I got my first runs in today as well. I'm definitely feeling it, but it was good to get out. Air temp in the delta was 63 with water temp at 61.

Sounds amazing! Up here in the Inland Northwest the river is at 38 degrees and I am currently looking out the window at some big fluffy snowflakes falling from the sky Shocking.gif

We are going to go for a last ski trip (snow) at the end of next week. After that it will be all water.

I went out with my buddy on Saturday just for a ride. Man was it cold.

I got mine to the launch yesterday and was ready to put it in even though it was snowing. Dead battery. Bummer or sweet, not sure how I feel about that. We're hoping to make it out after work tomorrow or wed. The air temp should be above 50.

I went out with my buddy on Saturday just for a ride. Man was it cold.

I got mine to the launch yesterday and was ready to put it in even though it was snowing. Dead battery. Bummer or sweet, not sure how I feel about that. We're hoping to make it out after work tomorrow or wed. The air temp should be above 50.

Overnight low: 68 :)

http://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Dallas.html

I hurt so good. shoulders are on fire. Thumbup.gif

I am sore today also. More today than yesterday.

I am going to try and get out for a couple of sets tomorrow.

Holler if you need a third! I can meet you at the beach by the VFW... BTW, I showed my daughter that old spot 2 weekends ago. The course wasn't in, but it looked like the anchors were marked. I'm jealous, Winni is breaking up, but not clear yet. Maybe by the weekend.

Holler if you need a third! I can meet you at the beach by the VFW... BTW, I showed my daughter that old spot 2 weekends ago. The course wasn't in, but it looked like the anchors were marked. I'm jealous, Winni is breaking up, but not clear yet. Maybe by the weekend.

Neither of the courses are in but it looks like the anchors held over the winter. I am hung up at work and need to fly out of town at 4:30 so I don't know if I am going to make it out today.