Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

distributor cap for 89 SS -mercruiser -which one?

Arctic Slalom

i need to replace the wires, cap and plugs on my 89 malibu sunsetter.....

is this the correct kit from DIM?

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP173025A

i'm three hours from the boat/lake, but have this photo to assist.

any help would be great...would like to order the parts this week. Thumbup.gif

any thoughts on wires/plugs? which ones are 'best'?

post-3641-1208643528_thumb.jpg

post-3641-1208643543_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arctic Slalom

That looks like mine, with the mallory ignition, but I can't tell for sure. Don't you have your engine serial number? Mine is OD379792.

Get the electronic conversion from Pertronix, while you're at it. Never mess with points again. I ordered mine from the local performance auto store for $89, after getting the part number off the pertronix web site.

That looks like mine, with the mallory ignition, but I can't tell for sure. Don't you have your engine serial number? Mine is OD379792.

Get the electronic conversion from Pertronix, while you're at it. Never mess with points again. I ordered mine from the local performance auto store for $89, after getting the part number off the pertronix web site.

jasonK,

i'm going old skule and am keeping the points.

i ordered everything from DIM yesterday and hope to have it all put in by next week.

next some upgrades to the trailer and I'm ready for the season.

only 8" of ice left!