Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom protection

skyskier

I am looking for some feedback from anyone who is using a transom pad. Pros? Cons? Do the suction cup type stay in place, or is the strap type better? Other than the 3M film, are there any other options? Thanks!

Does anyone have any other suggestions? What about the one made by keelguard? I have a 1994 Echelon and the pad is too big for it, height wise. Thanks!

Does anyone have any other suggestions? What about the one made by keelguard? I have a 1994 Echelon and the pad is too big for it, height wise. Thanks!

Too big? What are the dims of the pad? I've got a '98 Echelon, and I just assumed it would fit. But then...you know the ole saying about what happens when you a**-u-me...

your transom pad should fit between the swim deck and the boat. Meaning it dosent matter how tall the pad is. I know thats how it is on my 07. i picked mine up from bakes and have to say I havent had a scratch sence. Thumbup.gif

The pad works great, but doesn't fit on the Echelon's... It works width wise no problem, but not height wise. The swim step is too high.

I think the best option, for us Echelon owners, is to buy the pad that sticks to the back becasue it can be cut down.

Ofcourse I have... How else would I known that it doesn't fit???

I do have a new swim platform to install, so I guess I could space it off the boat more to make room for the pad. But, a lot of the pad will be hidden behind and below the platform. Don't know if that makes too much sense to do, but it is another idea/thought!

Have you tried it? It's not supposed to sit on top of the platform, but in front of it between the transom & platform.