Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing Rotor

I'm replacing my cap and rotor and the rotor doesn't want to budge. I haven't been too forceful with it just yet, but I'm getting ticked off and am close to that point.

Does anyone have any tricks to "helping it along"?

Thanks,

Mike

You may need to split it - I use a grinder with a cut-off wheel, but a number of tools may work for you. Slice one side to allow it to expand, and it will come off.

Peter

Break it off...I've always been able to pry them off with a screwdriver.

Plus1.gif Mine was really on there. My 2 cents, you won't hurt anything with pure upward pressure, just nothing from the side. Could warm her up with a hair dryer Dontknow.gif I finally got it off and ended up with a good knuckler bleeding all over the place....typical for me... Frustrated.gif

BFH! Yahoo.gif jk. I have takin a flat head screwdriver or a small punch and tapped it on the side till you get a little crack going and the just pull it right off.

Wrap a towel or something around the shaft to cover the distributor base if you decide to go with a dremel tool. Keeps dust ect. out of there. You don't want that stuff down there where the trigger (sensor) is.

edit; moisten the shaft with oil before installing new one.

Edited by electricjohn