Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking for a new Bu

scooot

Well after a solid 3 months waiting for my first Malibu to ship round the world and putting a solid 100 hours on her over winter and summer. I have just sold her (1990 skier). Now looking for the next 1 to ship down here. looking towards an 02 VLX all the ones that I have come across have the MLS but no wedge can anyone tell me why so many seem to have not opted for the wedge on that model? Any other suggestions? would like to move to a v drive after my last trip to the states and being out on a 05 wakesetter. factory ballast is a must as I dont want to go through sacks again well at least not all of the ballast in sacs.keen to hear your thoughts.

Wedge is no big deal to add on a vdrive so don't let it be a deal breaker. Also there is a big difference between the 05 VLX and an 02 VLX.

-Chris

Wedge is no big deal to add on a vdrive so don't let it be a deal breaker. Also there is a big difference between the 05 VLX and an 02 VLX.

-Chris

It's probably been discussed, but can you give some highlights to the differences? I'll be looking to upgrade to a VLX in a year or two

05 the VLX was redesigned 6" longer and 5.5" wider, along with a new hull, interior, etc. The 05's+ feel like a much larger boat in terms of interior space and comfort.

-Chris

Thanks all for your imput. Still undecided on what to buy next, also started looking air super air;s of about the same vintage? Any thoughts on the two boats would be great. The malibu from what I can see id=s finished 10 times better all the research I have done says that the super kicks a grat wake. Any 1 ridden either of these boats? Thanks again for all your help.

Sorry wrote the last post in middle of the night after a hard day at the race track rebuilding the car. Spelling after rereading it is shocking.