Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

computron wiring

does any body have a piture of the under dash wiring. I have a yellow wire not plugged in and as usual I am one with a computron not functioning properly. I would like to see if someone have a picture of the wiring harness plug in. I am also interested in a wiring schematic which is not in the manual.

Do you have a picture of what you're looking at?

No problem, I will take a picture and post it. I am looking at the wiring that plugs in nearest the computron card acess cover under the dash.

I can't find my wiring diagram to tell you what that wire is, but on mine (93), the yellow wire plugs into the first pin hole, on the top row, left hand side.

I'll keep looking and post back if I find it.

Do you know what this wire if for? Is it voltage supply, ground or depth finder?

I can't find my wiring diagram to tell you what that wire is, but on mine (93), the yellow wire plugs into the first pin hole, on the top row, left hand side.

Can anybody help me out I am not sure if it will damage the computron by plugging it it. I measured the voltage and found it is -12 volts. Does anyone know what the yellow wire is for?

• 4 weeks later...
Can anybody help me out I am not sure if it will damage the computron by plugging it it. I measured the voltage and found it is -12 volts. Does anyone know what the yellow wire is for?

I plugged it in an found out it is the engine blower. It now works, the rest of my computron is still in the can. I would really like to know how many hours are on the boat. Any thoughts?

I plugged it in an found out it is the engine blower. It now works, the rest of my computron is still in the can. I would really like to know how many hours are on the boat. Any thoughts?

325 hours is my best guess Dontknow.gif

Edited by G!!!!!!

How about 350 hours Dontknow.gifDontknow.gif

Seriously, if your having problems with the Computron I would not put allot of faith in any hour number you get. A few years ago I was reconnecting my battery and a power spike doubled the number of hours on the meter. :Doh:

Edited by Captain Blood

Seriously, if your having problems with the Computron I would not put allot of faith in any hour number you get. A few years ago I was reconnecting my battery and a power spike doubled the number of hours on the meter. :Doh:

Ok so now what? Did you just give up on hours and just guess?????????? add a meter?

Ok so now what? Did you just give up on hours and just guess?????????? add a meter?

The meter works fine now, it just added 300 hours to the total. When I talked to Malibu about this it was not an uncommon problem.

What problems are you having with computron? I know about the hour meter, but is the display working? Are the values wrong? What have you tried to fix it?

• 2 months later...

Late to the party here but unplugged the daughter board and cleaned the contacts on ours and it works fine now, also ours had it's own power source from the battery, but that may have been a modification. A lot of work was done to that computron during the warranty period. Ours did not work at all before, now everything works except for depth. Which sucks

If anybody has a spare Computron they want to sell, I would be interested. My boat is set up for one, just does not have it in the dash. Steering wheel also does not have the buttons, but that is not a big deal.

If anybody has a spare Computron they want to sell, I would be interested. My boat is set up for one, just does not have it in the dash. Steering wheel also does not have the buttons, but that is not a big deal.

That is like asking for hemorroids! Fingerwag.gif Trust me, leave well enough alone.

Edited by Boatman
That is like asking for hemerroids! Fingerwag.gif Trust me, leave well enough alone.

AMEN to that. We are going to rebuild our dash this winter, and I don't know if the computron will stay or not.

buy my 94 echelon. 150hrs on it. buy the whole boat and u can have a perfect working computron. even still says "custom built for xxxxxxx" when u turn the key.

no i wont rip my dash apart for you but PLEASE buy my boat.