Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Summer started in Michigan

Sixball

The last of my snow piles will be gone in the next couple of hours. I have been living in my bathing suits now since last Thursday Yahoo.gif Haven't had under ware on for six days. Love the speedo's

This is the best time of year.

Well, Finally made it out yesterday, me, a few friends, and a woman old enough to be my mother. lol. I didn't pick that one. It was a good time, Beer and "Red Hot" Potato Chips....

Water was 66 degrees according to the sea temp gauge on the boat. i wanted to jump in.

Backed the trailer into the water, started the engine.... (started on 1st crank) it ran right up to operating temp (in a period of like 10 min) water was coming out of the exhaust just fine... i released the winch and backed her off the trailer.... waited for my buddy to park my rig and trailer.... picked them up at the dock.... the boat ran FLAWLESSLY which i didn't expect for a 1st run. Only issue i saw... and i gotta track it down. when i slowed down from the boat being on plane down to idle too quickly water started pouring down the drivers side gunnel coming from like behind the back seat flowing down the gunnel toward the drivers seat... it wasn't a LOT of water, just enough to get my freshly cleaned carpet all wet. and it wasn't pouring in or anything.... and only on deceleration

Time to get out the skis and tube for the youngins (cough my friends cough)....

Well, Finally made it out yesterday, me, a few friends, and a woman old enough to be my mother. lol. I didn't pick that one. It was a good time, Beer and "Red Hot" Potato Chips....

Water was 66 degrees according to the sea temp gauge on the boat. i wanted to jump in.

Backed the trailer into the water, started the engine.... (started on 1st crank) it ran right up to operating temp (in a period of like 10 min) water was coming out of the exhaust just fine... i released the winch and backed her off the trailer.... waited for my buddy to park my rig and trailer.... picked them up at the dock.... the boat ran FLAWLESSLY which i didn't expect for a 1st run. Only issue i saw... and i gotta track it down. when i slowed down from the boat being on plane down to idle too quickly water started pouring down the drivers side gunnel coming from like behind the back seat flowing down the gunnel toward the drivers seat... it wasn't a LOT of water, just enough to get my freshly cleaned carpet all wet. and it wasn't pouring in or anything.... and only on deceleration

Sweet man! What lake do you usually go out on?

I have my pier and lift in. Just need to get the boat out of storage in the next couple of weeks and then get the canopy on. I plan on skiing at the Demo Day over at The Edge in Portage on my new Monza. Can't wait and hope the weather cooperates! Rockon.gif

OK, Dave Rub it in..... Clap.gif If you get bored you can walk next door and start to put ours in ........ Biggrin.gif

I have to go to a wedding so can't be up there for the edge, Demo day. Also, had a torn meniscus, had surgery and just trying to be ready in time for my 1/2 marathon, May 4th; 19 days post surgery......Have been training really well since 2 days after, it looks promising, then skiing after that, May 10th I hope.....Stitches come out this Monday. This is going to be the really big training week. I just have to make sure I don't do anything to set back the skiing.....Does Roger have his in yet?

See ya soon, I Hope!!!

Clap.gif

Man, you guys are on it! Just put the lift and dock in this weekend, next weekend the Bu get's wet. Starting to feel like a slacker after reading this thread.

Sweet man! What lake do you usually go out on?

I usually am in Cass Lake or Sylvan.

I have my pier and lift in. Just need to get the boat out of storage in the next couple of weeks and then get the canopy on. I plan on skiing at the Demo Day over at The Edge in Portage on my new Monza. Can't wait and hope the weather cooperates! Rockon.gif

OK, Dave Rub it in..... Clap.gif If you get bored you can walk next door and start to put ours in ........ Biggrin.gif

I have to go to a wedding so can't be up there for the edge, Demo day. Also, had a torn meniscus, had surgery and just trying to be ready in time for my 1/2 marathon, May 4th; 19 days post surgery......Have been training really well since 2 days after, it looks promising, then skiing after that, May 10th I hope.....Stitches come out this Monday. This is going to be the really big training week. I just have to make sure I don't do anything to set back the skiing.....Does Roger have his in yet?

See ya soon, I Hope!!!

Clap.gif

Hey Judy, GOOD LUCK with the rehab and the 1/2 marathon. Torn meniscus? That does not sound pretty. Take it easy; you don't want to end up in a cast or a brace or something all summer! :-)

You did not miss much at Demo Day. I showed up at 4pm to ski (I'm sure Zach was wondering what I was on at the time) and it was about 63 out and the water was about 64; a nice breezy day with near white caps. But hey, I was there to ski. He said I was the only one to get in the water all day. Imagine that. Anyway, it was fun. His wife Liz spotted for me. I was on my new ski in my new boots behind a new boat in rough water....I did not score any style points, that's for sure. But it was a blast; he found some "calm" water around a bay and I finally got a few cuts in. Love the new ski. Can't wait for warmer weather and calmer water. Roger's boat is not in yet. I bet he will wait a couple more weeks. I think I will probably get ours out in the next couple of weeks as well. Hope to see you and Mark soon! Thumbup.gif

Hey Judy, GOOD LUCK with the rehab and the 1/2 marathon. Torn meniscus? That does not sound pretty. Take it easy; you don't want to end up in a cast or a brace or something all summer! :-)

You did not miss much at Demo Day. I showed up at 4pm to ski (I'm sure Zach was wondering what I was on at the time) and it was about 63 out and the water was about 64; a nice breezy day with near white caps. But hey, I was there to ski. He said I was the only one to get in the water all day. Imagine that. Anyway, it was fun. His wife Liz spotted for me. I was on my new ski in my new boots behind a new boat in rough water....I did not score any style points, that's for sure. But it was a blast; he found some "calm" water around a bay and I finally got a few cuts in. Love the new ski. Can't wait for warmer weather and calmer water. Roger's boat is not in yet. I bet he will wait a couple more weeks. I think I will probably get ours out in the next couple of weeks as well. Hope to see you and Mark soon! Thumbup.gif

That's funny,

My son and I showed up at the Edge about 1:00 PM. We had our skis in the car. My son even brought his wakeboard. I wanted to ski behind a VTX with the cut diamond. Zach took out out on a 20 LSV with the cut diamond, but it was so windy the lake had whitecaps.

I recently had a two level cervical discectomy and I'm really not supposed to ski until June, so conditions would have had to be near perfect to get me out there... and it was not near perfect.

What boat did you ski behind?

MalibuNation

That's funny,

My son and I showed up at the Edge about 1:00 PM. We had our skis in the car. My son even brought his wakeboard. I wanted to ski behind a VTX with the cut diamond. Zach took out out on a 20 LSV with the cut diamond, but it was so windy the lake had whitecaps.

I recently had a two level cervical discectomy and I'm really not supposed to ski until June, so conditions would have had to be near perfect to get me out there... and it was not near perfect.

I was in the area around noon, but with the clouds and wind I never stopped by.

That's funny,

You know, I am not even sure what I skied behind. I know Zach said it was way to rough to take a RLXI out;I skied behind a red/black/white boat with no cage; maybe it was a 20 VTX. It was so windy and rough and cold I honestly could not even tell you. But it was FUN!!!!

I got two runs in today and I think it was the coldest runs of the year. We went out be for the worst wind but it was windy. It has been so windy the last two weeks the boat has just sat in the lift, BUMMER! We had two nights in the mid 20's. The lake temp is down 8 deg. this morning back to 54.