Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Summer started in Michigan

Sixball

Put it to bed.

Well done! I'm off to LAX in the morning, else our boat would have been on Elizabeth Lake (Mi) this weekend -- sight... one more weekend -- perhaps we'll take her home from Skier's Pier and apply some "extra" wax and elbow grease... btw, shameless support -- Skier's Pier did the winterization, acid wash and some warranty work -- they are truly a pleasure to deal with (ask for Clint) -- Wixom lake looks fun -- public access?

Enjoy the summer!

Sixball:

I am headed to Gladwin County this weekend for some spring yard work at the lake house. I was thinking about putting the bu in for a few laps around the lake, but I was not sure if all the ice had melted. By looking at your pictures you have just answered that question. Have a great summer.

Sixball:

I am headed to Gladwin County this weekend for some spring yard work at the lake house. I was thinking about putting the bu in for a few laps around the lake, but I was not sure if all the ice had melted. By looking at your pictures you have just answered that question. Have a great summer.

All of the lakes that I've driven past over the last couple of weeks have been 100% ice free! We just need more warm temps!!

Skiers Pier has my boat right now. Clint does a great job with keeping me updated on the progress. As soon as I get it back its going in the water! I cant wait! Yahoo.gif

Put it to bed.

Well done! I'm off to LAX in the morning, else our boat would have been on Elizabeth Lake (Mi) this weekend -- sight... one more weekend -- perhaps we'll take her home from Skier's Pier and apply some "extra" wax and elbow grease... btw, shameless support -- Skier's Pier did the winterization, acid wash and some warranty work -- they are truly a pleasure to deal with (ask for Clint) -- Wixom lake looks fun -- public access?

Enjoy the summer!

Ya nice public access. Just past Edinvill. Off Dundis Rd. Give a holler if you are up this way. I give a big Thumbup.gif to Skier's Pier I have been treated very well.

MalibuNation

Picking mine up Saturday. With the nice day yesterday I took it off ... one of the projects I did was refinish the teak swim platform.

Edited by jchooper
Picking mine up Saturday. With the nice day yesterday I took it off ... one of the projects I did was refinish the teak swim platform.

What did you do to refinish the teak?

MalibuNation

Marmonick

A couple of years ago the rave was:

Teak Guard

Which I've been using and very happy with ... last all season

I've been hearing good things about:

Semco

Teak oil Four coats and dried Three coats of 303. Put 303 on heavy let stand 5 minutes and lite wipe each time. I will usually oil it one time in sumer well on the lift. Oil it let it sit for the day and go.

I did use teak wash in the fall when I put it away. I put the platform in the basement and oil it during the winter.

post-2931-1208459216_thumb.jpg

Went out Tue. water temp was high 52 and the RS1 bindings are unbelievable. Thumbup.gif

Outstanding. Keep me posted on the RS-1 I looked at them at the Novi boat show, look good. Have you had a good fall yet did you come out. Can I talk you into a test run on a over the front test?

I am waiting for the boss to get home I want to go for a run. what a day this is killing me. this is the firs day the lake looks like I could get a run in. Not a lot of floating junk.

Went out Tue. water temp was high 52 and the RS1 bindings are unbelievable. Thumbup.gif

Outstanding. Keep me posted on the RS-1 I looked at them at the Novi boat show, look good. Have you had a good fall yet did you come out. Can I talk you into a test run on a over the front test?

I am waiting for the boss to get home I want to go for a run. what a day this is killing me. this is the firs day the lake looks like I could get a run in. Not a lot of floating junk.

I don't plan on going out the front or any other type of fall that requires coming out of the boots, but if it happens I feel very confident that I will come out without any problems. Going to try for a run tomorrow afternoon and calibrate the new PP system.

I don't plan on going out the front or any other type of fall that requires coming out of the boots, but if it happens I feel very confident that I will come out without any problems. Going to try for a run tomorrow afternoon and calibrate the new PP system.

I like how you set up the display, clean install. Looks like it would be easier to glance down at the settings if needed.

I have my RS-1's fitted and may get a chance to try them out this weekend.

I like how you set up the display, clean install. Looks like it would be easier to glance down at the settings if needed.

I have my RS-1's fitted and may get a chance to try them out this weekend.

Well with it being the first time out, I was paying more attention to all the other gauges and looking out for floating debris then looking at the PP display. Next time a hope to spend a little more then 1/2 hour out and get things all set and calibrated.

You should love the RS-1's, my feet where warm and com-fee. I had to remolded of my liners, I may have been a little to cautious with heating them up the first time.

The boss came home she asked do you want to go for a ski. Drool.gif So I got two good runs in and I can feel my arms. Oh it is a good day! Yahoo.gif

Im jealous! Drool.gif How was the water?

Have you ever just tried using bleach and then putting teak oil on it after?

Marmonick

A couple of years ago the rave was:

Teak Guard

Which I've been using and very happy with ... last all season

I've been hearing good things about:

Semco

The Semco stuff works well. Don't buy the one stage stuff though it doesn't clean nearly as well as the two step stuff.

52? Really? I was out (not in the boat Whistling.gif) twice last week and water couldn't have been much over 35. Of course the ice had just cleared and I actually had to switch from one lake to another because all the remaining ice had clogged up the launch ramp. Boat is home now so I'm ready to get out if anybody on this side of town is interested.

I have my pier and lift in. Just need to get the boat out of storage in the next couple of weeks and then get the canopy on. I plan on skiing at the Demo Day over at The Edge in Portage on my new Monza. Can't wait and hope the weather cooperates! Rockon.gif

I'll probably be going for a spin around either Cass Lake or Sylvan Lake tomorrow afternoon (pending ok weather) (weather underground says.... Monday

Patchy fog...dissipating around 10 am. Otherwise partly sunny. Highs 69 to 73. Light and variable winds...becoming southeast 10 to 15 mph.)

I will 2nd Skiers Pier and Clint. just got my Mooring Cover repaired/patched, Spare ACME prop, and oil changed and i think tomorrow will be the day to run the engine, get water in the block instead of antifreeze and take a few laps around the lake (a few laps is all i can afford with gas prices how they are lol...everyones gonna pay for a tow this season unless its a date Whistling.gif lol, no i'm not that bad yet....we'll see after a couple fillups. )

Anyone in the area tomorrow?

...everyones gonna pay for a tow this season unless its a date Whistling.gif lol, no i'm not that bad yet....we'll see after a couple fillups.

Uh huh, .........that's why I always bring CASH........no dates.......just CASH!! Biggrin.gif

First time out was yesterday, water was mid-fifty's wearing only shorts...not too bad.