Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sac fittings

Dave K

Hi everyone,

I am just getting ready to do my auto ballast thing. I have most of the parts, but I do have 1 question ...at the moment:

I am using Launch Pad sacs, and Tsunami Pumps.... Has everyone just gone to the local hardware store to buy the connectors that join the hose to the bags, or is it advisable to buy the connector from a launch pad dealer?

Thank You

Hi everyone,

I am just getting ready to do my auto ballast thing. I have most of the parts, but I do have 1 question ...at the moment:

I am using Launch Pad sacs, and Tsunami Pumps.... Has everyone just gone to the local hardware store to buy the connectors that join the hose to the bags, or is it advisable to buy the connector from a launch pad dealer?

Thank You

Barefoot International has all of the fittings that you need if you want to marry those two systems as one. They have all kinds of different fittings if you can't find the stuff you need at the hardware store.

Seem to be having a problem finding fittings?#!!#$%^&

I am using Launch Pad sacs and I was planning to use the two ports with the black caps, one for intake and one for outflow.

I was around to the hardware super stores today and i picked up 1 1/4" female connectors. My problem is the size of that connector is close to the size of the thread where the black caps come off of but not quite, and does not have a good fit. Am I missing something here??? Is there a special fitting that can go onto the bag where the black cap comes off???

Does anyone use the blue fitting from Fly High??

Edited by Dave K

One other question for the DIY pros, can a person use a high quality non kink 5/8" inside diameter garden hose to fill and empty??

I happen to have the blue fitting from connector W735. That connector I could make work, but I need 2 per bag, and they are wanting $10 each

• 3 weeks later...

Ohh, that link was for the fittings related to Pro-X sacs. As far as your sacks I do not know. Most people who are "permanently" plumbing in a none threaded sack simply use the blue waterbed fittings, take off the tightening ring, and put a hose clamp on them.

Ohh, that link was for the fittings related to Pro-X sacs. As far as your sacks I do not know. Most people who are "permanently" plumbing in a none threaded sack simply use the blue waterbed fittings, take off the tightening ring, and put a hose clamp on them.

where can I find these water bed fittings, in bulk?

where can I find these water bed fittings, in bulk?

Found some...finally (these things are not easy to look for!)

Hose adaptor

I ended up using the link valve connection as then I have a built in backflow preventor. I took the link cap and cut off the top then glued a 1" threaded grey pvc nipple in it followed by a 90 degree elbow looks very good. I take some pics of it for you to see.

Jason