Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Whats the deal with the V-Ride

bigdave0924

Ok so we're considering selling our brand x boat for a newer v drive. My question is what are the main differences between an 06 V-Ride with power wedge, front and middle ballast, illusion x tower, cruise control, ect.... the guy sais it has almost every option available for the V-Ride and a Wakesetter around the same year? Is it worth the 13-20k more for a Wakesetter? Why or why not?

A Wakesetter VLX is bigger and wider, also has optional bow ballast. The V-ride is the hull the VLX's of 04 and older rode on. The increase in length and interior room is pretty substantial in the newer wakesetters

-Chris

Ok so we're considering selling our brand x boat for a newer v drive. My question is what are the main differences between an 06 V-Ride with power wedge, front and middle ballast, illusion x tower, cruise control, ect.... the guy sais it has almost every option available for the V-Ride and a Wakesetter around the same year? Is it worth the 13-20k more for a Wakesetter? Why or why not?

Depends. I have had both style of hulls. The VLX is definitely a little roomier, more bling, and I think better out of the box wake. That being said, the V-Ride will do everything the VLX will, just a little less on the things I mentioned. If you have the money, VLX, if not/don't want to spend the V-Ride will serve you well.

How many people are you going to have? How much do you want to spend? Those are big differences. If you only have 4-5 people all the time and want to save money, then you should be happy with the V ride. The VLX is a top of the line wake making machine straight off the trailer. I have owned both.

Edited by Malibuman

There is usaully no more than 3 or 4 riding and maybe as many as 6 or 7 in the boat. We're coming from a direct drive closed bow so this boat has tons more room in it than our old one. I have some fat sacs I may try to plumb in to the bow or may just put some lead up there. Also by the looks we havent measured anything but I think the V-Ride is about the biggest boat we can put in our boathouse. Thanks for the info guys.

There is usaully no more than 3 or 4 riding and maybe as many as 6 or 7 in the boat. We're coming from a direct drive closed bow so this boat has tons more room in it than our old one. I have some fat sacs I may try to plumb in to the bow or may just put some lead up there. Also by the looks we havent measured anything but I think the V-Ride is about the biggest boat we can put in our boathouse. Thanks for the info guys.

I believe the wakesetter is only 6 inches longer and 5 inches wider.

If I had it to do over again and had the money (the major point!) I would get a 23LSV. I'd say we always have at least 6 in the boat and as many as 11. It would be nice to have the extra room. I see a 23LSV in my distant future.

But... our VRide has been awesome. It really does throw a very nice wake and has all the power it needs with the 320 motor. With 750's in the rear and a 700 in the nose, the wake is massive!