Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Cover turning Vinyl Yellow

337 Productions

I am wondering if anyone else knows how to solve the boat cover from turning the seats yellow if it is left outdoors for a few days. I have a black cover that came with the boat, and the vinyl is mostly white and light gray.

Any ideas?

I am wondering if anyone else knows how to solve the boat cover from turning the seats yellow if it is left outdoors for a few days. I have a black cover that came with the boat, and the vinyl is mostly white and light gray.

Any ideas?

You feel that the cover is causing this? I leave mine on the lift all summer with the cover on it, and have no issues. You either have some bad vinyl, or there's a popcorn butter plant spewing yellow in the air by you.

No way a normal cover and normal vinyl get yellow by leaving the boat outside covered.....

Any ideas?

You feel that the cover is causing this? I leave mine on the lift all summer with the cover on it, and have no issues. You either have some bad vinyl, or there's a popcorn butter plant spewing yellow in the air by you.

No way a normal cover and normal vinyl get yellow by leaving the boat outside covered.....

Thats what I think as well but Malibu doesn't want to do anything about it and I am still waiting to hear from the cover manufacturer.

Thanks for your thoughts

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with a black rankin cover on an all white 05 vlx, not just the part of the cover that touched the seats but all the vinyl.

I had to leave the cover on for 2 weeks are more for the problem to show up. My problem went away after the cover was more then a year old. I think the protectant on the cover caused it. wasnt breathing enough.

just curious - did the yellowing go away or did you have the clean it off?

The yellowing occurs when I leave the cover on for a few days and sun hits it. Then the yellowing goes away if you leave the boat uncovered in the sun for a few days.

The longer the cover is on the more the vinyl yellows. and the longer it has to stay uncovered to unyellow.

Edited by 337 Productions
  • 6 years later...

Anybody ever figure this one out. Looking at a 2008 247 LSV with 22 hours on it and the vinyl appears to be yellow. He said it was a cremeish color that was ordered with the boat but it appears to be yellow to me.

The boat is in immaculate condition otherwise.

Peter