Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Guide Pads

wanttoski

Anyone know where to purchase the foam inserts for the 'Bu trailer guide pads? Mine are at the end of their life.

Thanks.

Dealer or Overtons :)

Just bought some from my Dealer last week. They come complete with the Malibu skin and the foam insert assembled for $20-25 apiece, just slide them on the ABS tube and your done.

Plus1.gif dealer

Just bought some from my Dealer last week. They come complete with the Malibu skin and the foam insert assembled for $20-25 apiece, just slide them on the ABS tube and your done.
Edited by txwakejunkie
Anyone know where to purchase the foam inserts for the 'Bu trailer guide pads? Mine are at the end of their life.

Thanks.

Maybe I should be more specific. Who wants to pay $50 for foam? We are only paying for the nice nylon jacket and the name. Has any one found just the piece of foam somewhere and reused the jacket?

Thanks.

Maybe I should be more specific. Who wants to pay $50 for foam? We are only paying for the nice nylon jacket and the name. Has any one found just the piece of foam somewhere and reused the jacket?

Your local hardware store should have pipe insulation in a variety of sizes.

Thanks.

+1, seems like that would be the obvious solution

Do the ones with Carpet covering versus nylon hold up better? My nylon ones seem to get trashed pretty quick. I know how to pull the boat up but will ride up the guide on occasion, I'd rather do than than use a lot of gas to correct at the last moment. :Doh: I was also thinking $50 was pretty steep for some nylon & foam.

I was also thinking $50 was pretty steep for some nylon & foam.

$50 bucks is nothing now days, it's only gets you a quarter tank of gas in your truck.

$50 bucks is nothing now days, it's only gets you a quarter tank of gas in your truck.

Fair but the things are practically disposable. Cost of materials, couple bucks maybe. I'm holding out for the carpet ones next time.

I guess pipe wrap would work, but how did your foam get messed up with out damaging the outer skin ?

Guess I'm lucky! The foam is more severed than destroyed. Yeah, maybe I'll look at a couple home improvement centers to see if I can find the correct size.

How sad is that?! It looks like this summer is going to break the bank. Maybe we should start a poll, at what price per gallon would people dry dock their 'bu, or limit it...that'd be interesting.

I just bought the ones from Malibu.com and had to cut the PVC so that I would not have all the "white" PVC exposed...super easy, looks sweet with the Malibu logo... Clap.gif

Edited by srintx
  • 3 months later...

If you need the entire enchalada go to Ebay. I always see them for under 40 bucks. with or without graphics and in all different colors.

I Just picked up a set with the vynal/canvas for 20.

If you need the entire enchalada go to Ebay. I always see them for under 40 bucks. with or without graphics and in all different colors.

I Just picked up a set with the vynal/canvas for 20.

i've just bought 2 foam "noodles" that the kids use swimming. they cost less than 10 bucks and you replace them with different colors when you want.

Thanks.

Plus1.gif That is what I did, works great.