Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Footin video

martho

Edwin is joking...

THIS IS NOT ME. This is Andre De Villiers. He tricked for 11,000 pts back in March which was going to be a record, however after video review he was docked a few points. I don't know where they were skiing. It looks like a great ski community.

If I had to guess, I would say the video was shot somewhere near Katy, Texas, since that's where BFC is located.

Thanks for posting.

Andre DeVillers is amazing. While the backwards jump off was something new, the video was pretty tame for him. If you have a few minutes, do a search for videos on utube and others - one of his first videos posted showed the world something no one else had ever done, essentially boat raleys - where he swings in towards the boat, puts a hand on the gunnel and does a one-handed handstand, then pivots back down onto the water and skis back out. AWESOME.

Peter.

Edit - I looked back at my really old links and then checked utube - I found this "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by British Broadcasting Corporation" - so I guess the really good video was shot by the BBC, who laid claim to it. Too bad, I should have saved it.

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

How the hell does he do that move where he lets go of the rope and just slides across the water on his butt, but seems like he's going as fast or faster than the boat for what looks like about 1/4 of a mile before he sinks in???

some day when i grow up i'd like to be able to ...

well, you know i never will but i still want to.

the big kids are more comfortable on the water than i am in dry dock.

looks like they are dancing on hardwood.

can you believe how high off the water the boom is?

some day when i grow up...

that is awesome...I am impressed how he does the deep water start with the worm move...I don't know if there is a technical name for that...well, I really don't care if there is, it is awesome!

Andre is just SICK Rockon.gif He is one of the best Trick Barefooters in the World! That Start worm flip is the coolest thing I have ever seen footing! Nice work!

The lake they are on is a series of 4 ski lakes known as the Lakes of Katy. The water is pretty brown when the dye runs low but it is some of the nicest water I've seen. The runs aren't real long but if you get up and get going you can definitely get a 15 second run in. Like many ski communities, the center two lakes are connected so you can just do laps which is what they were doing in this video.

I think Andre and Chuck have named it the Dolphin Start. You should spend some more time looking at the videos on Barefoot Central because there are more of Andre going off and one of his younger brother Zane getting just as crazy... if not crazier.

Should be an interesting worlds next year with Heinrich and Andre skiing at the level they are and Keith looking to repeat.

Here is my future footer

He says...."take it up" with the best of them

Cute... Thumbup.gif Here is my 2 yo first 15 second pass on dry land....

...and his first crash...

... luckily only his ego was hurt, but quickly recovered. Edited by 1FootDan

Great pics & vids of the kids. I guess that I need to work on my boy a little more. He just likes me to hold the rope and run around the house with him holding the handle running after me. I guess I need to start preparing him for his footin' trick runs!

How the hell does he do that move where he lets go of the rope and just slides across the water on his butt, but seems like he's going as fast or faster than the boat for what looks like about 1/4 of a mile before he sinks in???

Oh man that is SOOOOO much fun

We call it the WHIP!

Here is my future footer

He says...."take it up" with the best of them

Cute... Thumbup.gif Here is my 2 yo first 15 second pass on dry land....

...and his first crash...

... luckily only his ego was hurt, but quickly recovered.

WOW!..that was a hard fall...That is probably one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time! Great Video Dan....he'll be footing for real before long!