Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our season opened yesterday!

CTSunsetter

That was outstanding!

I've seen the ski/chair/board (??) before in the shop, but that was the first video -- truly impressive (and for the first day out - well done). Difficult to learn? Falling from "hieght" does your face seem to take the beating worse than a board? Season is still 2 weeks away in Mi -- but now we have your video to review between my son and I... thanks for sharring. Thumbup.gif

Agreed awesome! It looks like something I might like to try. Question #1 How fast are you running? #2 Are you using a tower or is the ski pylon OK on a Rlxi? #3 What is the cost range on the ski chair?

Agreed awesome! It looks like something I might like to try. Question #1 How fast are you running? #2 Are you using a tower or is the ski pylon OK on a Rlxi? #3 What is the cost range on the ski chair?

We run 24 to 27mph. We start newbees at 12mph and work up from there. Foiling is probably the hardest to learn but is easiest on the body (until you start learning inverts). You can run the rope low or high, behind almost anything. Cost? Well, it's expensive. We started with a used Air Chair with a cast foil. We are riding Sky Ski's LE38 and we have variety of custom wings made by foiling enthusiasts all over the world.

Nice work CTSunsetter!!!! Not to be a smart a$$ but I grew up in Bolton, just down the street and I have attempted to ski on Conventry Lake in the past but the "race" on the way to New York was calmer then the Lake on weekends!!! I assume that April is the best time to get calm water???

Hey Sunsetter, you mentioned you guys ride the LE38's? What front wings are you guys using? Max Air? Razorback? Have you tried any of the Mach wings out? Are you guys going wingletless on both? Looked like fun man, can't wait to get out there again. Also, what kind of foil racks do you guys use? And works the best for my foil not moving around. Take it easy.

I am jealous, the ice is just starting to break on our lake...and, a local guy said last week that there was still 26" of ice in the middle Cry.gif

I can't believe that the lakes had been open for a week last year at this time!

We were back on the water again last Saturday. No pictures or video this time. I see I neglected my post and here the questions answered:

CLOUT1 Because the CT river is flooded, lakes are our only choice. Coventry has the docks in early and it's fairly close to home. My brother lives on Coventry so we've been going there for years and I know what you mean about the place being crazy! It has really calmed down over the years thanks in part to "quiet hours" from noon to 4pm Sundays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

hco Gotta love dry suits!

Hydrofoiljunky We have many variations in our group. Mrs. and I are running SS's Max Air front foil and standard LE bat rear. I love flat front wings. You can jump higher with 1/2 the effort. My buddy Ray has an LE and bent his winglets out on rear wing and is running the original winglet front wing. My buddy Rich is riding a Foiltech T bar with a Xtream Mach 1 in the front and a flat SS rear wing. He has all the Foiltech wings but prefers the setup he has right now because it is "manageable". He will probably be back to the full Foiltech setup in a few weeks. We demoed an Xtream rear wing which the Mrs. liked very much but I didn't care for it. The Xtream rear wing is very large and I didn't like the landings.

Racks: I have a pair of the Comptech swivel racks. They are expensive but they are great. I have the same issue everyone else has in that the protective padding wears quickly. Comptech has updated them but I haven't seen the new stuff in person. I have custom made Chinchmax straps on my racks that hold the ski tight! My buddy has an Illusion rack for his illusion tower. The ski is supported extremely well and held tight. The only downside is no swivel. Another buddy has a pair of the Comptech knock offs (they look like they are cast vs. CNC). He likes them but I think they are (I don't want to say it because he is a member here) and he got what he paid for.

Two LEs and a Foiltech. As another TMC member pointed out on a prior post with this picture, the three skis are worth almost what my boat is worth!

DSC02147.JPG

Edited by CTSunsetter