Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All Feston Bulbs

timmypop

My '06 LSV is under cover and not close so I can't check what type and how many bulbs I need to replace with LEDs.

Are all of the interior lights replaceable w/ 4211 Feston bulbs? Bow lights, side walls, rear hatch, etc? I see only 4211x6 versions, but I read on another post that others had 4211x9 or x12.

Thanks for the help while I can't get to the Bu.

Post some pictures after you install them, i would curious to see how they turn out with the LED in the older housing.

They should be, they are all those white round lights...

I would think that the lights are set up simlar to all the boats

2 bow

1 passenger compartment

2 gunels -port /starboard

2 Truck port.starboard

7 lights?

I would think that the lights are set up simlar to all the boats

2 bow

1 passenger compartment

2 gunels -port /starboard

2 Truck port.starboard

7 lights?

I was thinking there were two LEDs in each gunel; therefore 9, but I can't get over there to check it.

Okay guys, these are the ones that I used. They are direct plug n' play with the existing housings, just make sure that if you plug one in & it doesn't work to turn it around & try it again. The ends are polarized. Click the link & scroll down to the "3910-x6 LED Festoon bulb", that's the one that I used. I don't think that the 42's or anything longer would fit, but I may be wrong on that one (it may be possible to bend the housing to make it fit, not sure though).

Link

Timmy,

On the '06, it should look like this:

2 -bow

2 - walkway

2 - rear lockers (1 in each)

1 - observer's storage compartment

98mally's is probably a little different, I think that there are housings under the gunnels.

Timmy,

2 -bow

2 - walkway

Thank you! I forgot about the two in the walkway storage. I took one out and put a grill in for air flow to the amps, but the other side has it. Nothing in the side gunnels? I thougth there was one, if not two sets of lights there.

Nothing in the side gunnels. I know, I was surpised as well. I thought that something needed to be there so I added some leds on each side of the speaker housing & wired them straight into the rest of the interior lights. It fills things in really nice.

Okay guys, these are the ones that I used. They are direct plug n' play with the existing housings, just make sure that if you plug one in & it doesn't work to turn it around & try it again. The ends are polarized. Click the link & scroll down to the "3910-x6 LED Festoon bulb", that's the one that I used. I don't think that the 42's or anything longer would fit, but I may be wrong on that one (it may be possible to bend the housing to make it fit, not sure though).

Link

Timmy,

2 -bow

2 - walkway

98mally's is probably a little different, I think that there are housings under the gunnels.

Anyone know if these would fit the 2002 sunscapes as well or is there a different size I should look for?

Link

Timmy,

2 -bow

2 - walkway

Wakegirl,

Do you have pics of the finished product?

Thanks

Nothing in the side gunnels. I know, I was surpised as well. I thought that something needed to be there so I added some leds on each side of the speaker housing & wired them straight into the rest of the interior lights. It fills things in really nice.

There should be two sets of LED's in each gunnel on either side of the rear speakers. I know they were short on them at one point and some boat didn't get them....was your boat prewired for them tracie....I want to say it was a blue lead with black ground....

-Chris

There should be two sets of LED's in each gunnel on either side of the rear speakers. I know they were short on them at one point and some boat didn't get them....was your boat prewired for them tracie....I want to say it was a blue lead with black ground....

-Chris

I thought I remembered seeing them. I'll have to check it out. Chris, do you know what types of bulbs they are? The same? I thought I only had one pair (2 bulbs) in each gunnel.

-Chris

Nope, nothing there at all.

Not sure what the bulbs are...never had to replace them. Just installed a bunch because the TN factory was cutting holes and pulling wires through. Looks like we found a difference between the TN and CA plants maybe Tracie, or the leads are buried up the wiring harness and no one pulled them down.

-Chris

For thoes of you who have replaced bulbs with colored LEDs: How is the light output compared to the regular bulbs? I would LOVE to upgrade my bulbs, but am really concerned (mostly for safety sake) that the colored lights will be too dim or that the colored light will make it hard to find things in the dark, especially in the compartments and lockers?

Thanks,

Chad

I just ordered mine (don't have them yet), but I had the same concerns. I only plan to do the 4 lights in my boat 2 in the bow and 2 in the side gunnels. My others are in the rear lockers and observers storage, but if I use those I actually need them to see something. Otherwise the hatches are closed and you can't see them. So I'm leaving the storage lights stock, putting red in the boat as mood lighting. I can turn the tower lights on if I really need to see in the boat.

Not sure what the bulbs are...never had to replace them. Just installed a bunch because the TN factory was cutting holes and pulling wires through. Looks like we found a difference between the TN and CA plants maybe Tracie, or the leads are buried up the wiring harness and no one pulled them down.

-Chris

I looked this weekend and sure enough I do have them. There are already LEDs on each side of the speaker in the gunnel of my '06 LSV. Got my lights yesterday for the rest of the boat. Looking forward to dropping those in this weekend.

OK, just a heads up. I guess I should have done some more investigating before ordering. I just got my 3910's and they are too short for my housings. So maybe they used a different housing in older boats? Mine's an '01. The 3910 is just barely long enough to make contact so I could see what they look like, but it won't stay in the clips due to the tapers on the ends. I guess I will try the 4410-x9 since that seems to be the largest they have. That definitely won't be too big for my housing.

So, if anybody would like 6 qty brand new 3910-R6 (color red), send me a PM with an offer.