Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wax question again...

Klasse.jpg

Has anyone used Klasse All-In-One on their boats? Thinking about using this as a base coat then use Babes Boat Bright after every outing. Thoughts?

Specifically, Klasse All-In-One:

Produces a great shine with excellent depth and clarity.

Is economical, requiring only a few ounces to shine & protect your RV or boat.

Is very easy to use. Simply wipe on and wipe off. No drying time is needed.

Doesn’t haze or streak if there are water droplets on the surface.

Contains no abrasives or silicones.

Does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim.

Maintains its shine wash after wash.

Lasts longer than wax.

Can be used on any non-porous surface.

Approved for marine and aviation use.

More details, if you are interested, could be read here.

http://properboatcare.com/klasse.html

I'm interested in hearing about your results with the Klasse. It's popular with the auto detail enthusiasts, but never heard about anyone using it on their boat.

Really surprised no one has chimed in...as I have seen this product mentioned several times in RECENT posts.

Bump.gif

FWIW...I use Zymol Marine 1-2x/season depending on use and then Babes Boat Bright every time it is taken out of the water.

I'm interested in hearing about your results with the Klasse. It's popular with the auto detail enthusiasts, but never heard about anyone using it on their boat.

Bump.gifBump.gif

Klasse's all in one in mentioned on a lot of reputable auto detail sites. Most of them say that they had use this product for ten years or more with spectacular results. I find it hard to believe that this product is suspect. No one on the crew has used it? WOW...

I've seen the car care stuff mentioned a lot, usually accompanied by glowing recommendations. I've never tried any of it though, mainly because I've never seen it locally & it's not the type of thing that I look for online (I guess I'm weird that way). I use 3M Marine Paste wax, & generally follow the rule that the harder it is to apply & buff, the longer it will last. :)

I'm a Mastercraft lurker, but I noticed this thread and had to comment. I have been reading about Klasse All-in-one, so I bought a bottle. It is absolutely great on my cars. Both my silver van and red truck look better than ever. The Klasse brings out a really deep shine.

Then, this week I tried it on my red boat. I don't like the results at all. It doesn't seem to polish the gelcoat the way it does the cars' clearcoat. It's basically a chemical polish, and I found it to kind of haze on the gelcoat. I did like it on the black plastic, though.

Yesterday, I got out the 3M Finesse-it II and polished off the Klasse.

So - no, I don't recommend it for your boat. For your car, though, I absolutely recommend it.

I have always had great results with the 3M marine paste wax, but I'm trying a new product I really like for the top coat. I'm using Rejex. It was designed for small planes. It goes on really nicely and it really shines. I've been using it on my cars, as well, and it lives up to it's billing. Bugs, etc., just wipe off. It looks great on the gelcoat.

By the way - you have to order Klasse online. Rejex is sold at True-Value shops.

Edited by kpickett
I'm a Mastercraft lurker, but I noticed this thread and had to comment. I have been reading about Klasse All-in-one, so I bought a bottle. It is absolutely great on my cars. Both my silver van and red truck look better than ever. The Klasse brings out a really deep shine.

So - no, I don't recommend it for your boat. For your car, though, I absolutely recommend it.

Get out!

j/k - we welcome MC guys too - soon they will see the light. Biggrin.gif

Get out!

j/k - we welcome MC guys too - soon they will see the light. Biggrin.gif

Thanks. I love my boat, but I'm not one of those partisans who can't appreciate another boat. I ski behind MCs, BUs, Nautiques, and Supremes at my club. They all ski great (except maybe the old Supreme). Hey, if BUs were a little quieter, I'd consider one. Whistling.gif

Unlike Kpickett, I have used Klasse and had different results. It worked very well and provided a nice shine on my vehicles and boat. After I polished the boat with it I followed up with Zymol Marine wax. I had no problems with hazing, etc. as suggested by the other post.

I purchased a small bottle from www.topoftheline.com.

RV

Interesting...finally crew-members with experience with the wax. The more I read about the wax the more I want to try it.

Kpickett did you apply it by hand or a DA polisher? With my vehicles I use a Portal Cable DA polisher and get great results with almost any kind of wax. I usually only get hazing when I use to much polish. I know I can use it (my DA) on gelcoat's but use different polishing pads.

properboatcare_1995_13775522.jpg

Regardless I think I will possibly give it a try. I polish my vehicles with meguires and love the results, but would like to try something else. You know variety is the spice of life :blush: (Where have I use that quote before Whistling.gif ) I still would like more comments from personal experience before I try it though.

Kpickett did you apply it by hand or a DA polisher? With my vehicles I use a Portal Cable DA polisher and get great results with almost any kind of wax. I usually only get hazing when I use to much polish. I know I can use it (my DA) on gelcoat's but use different polishing pads.

Regardless I think I will possibly give it a try. I polish my vehicles with meguires and love the results, but would like to try something else. You know variety is the spice of life :blush: (Where have I use that quote before Whistling.gif ) I still would like more comments from personal experience before I try it though.

I tried it both by hand and with a polisher. I was really surprised and disappointed, because the Klasse really worked beautifully with my cars. I doubt it was too much polish. You only use a couple of drops. It goes on really easily and wipes off equally easily. It just left more hazing than I wanted on the red. When I polished it off, the haze went away.

I really do advocate the Rejex, though, after 3M Finesse-it II. It's a really bright shine!

By the way, where are you in Norcal? I'm near Redding.

Edited by kpickett

I tried it both by hand and with a polisher. I was really surprised and disappointed, because the Klasse really worked beautifully with my cars. I doubt it was too much polish. You only use a couple of drops. It goes on really easily and wipes off equally easily. It just left more hazing than I wanted on the red. When I polished it off, the haze went away.

I really do advocate the Rejex, though, after 3M Finesse-it II. It's a really bright shine!

By the way, where are you in Norcal? I'm near Redding.

Thanks for the info. I live a little south of Redding; Benicia. It is kinda north bay.