Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

On The Water

VinRLX

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• SmoothWaterMan

• 1FootDan

• WakeGirl

Nice pictures Vin. Do you have it broke in yet

Not yet, just went in the water two days ago. Hoping to log some hours and then go skiing!

I like it a lot, but what's that big hump thing in the middle using up all of your floor space? Biggrin.gif

Gonna change your user name?

Yeah, what is that thing I have one too and it's always in the way :)

Sweeeeeet looking boat Thumbup.gif

Jack, Great looking color scheme for the interior. Looking forward to seeing some pics of it in action. In regards to that hump in the middle, my boat has one too, I have always wondered why it is there but I am reminded quickly everytime I turn the key and hear the rumble of the engine. I guess the DD owners are a rare breed anymore.

Michael

I like it a lot, but what's that big hump thing in the middle using up all of your floor space? Biggrin.gif

Gonna change your user name?

DD's are great!

Especially when they are out in public.... ;)

My user name stays the same, just cause, well, just cause. ;) That hump in the middle does take up some space, but can make for some good reactions from the unknowing. . .When I get the 'What's that thing in the middle?' question, I get a crooked grin and say, "well, that's the motor. Wanna see?" Shocking.gif

I'm really loving the look of her on the water. Unfortunately, the silver metal flake on the nose doesn't show up too well in pictures. The good thing is, when the flake isn't glittering, it matches the hull pretty well (moonbeam) which is what I was after.

As far as performance, it is smooth, tight, and responsive. Not as quick out of the hole as my RLX, but absolutely not a slouch. Rides smoother and absorbs waves better, throttle and shift is impressively easy, steering is like a car with nice-feel power steering. This thing is MUCH quieter than the last boat. The 03 had standard mufflers and insulated motor box. This boat has insulated motor box, CATS, silent riders, and STE. After taking a drive yesterday, the CFO said, "I think we're really going to like this boat."

I only hope I enjoy skiing behind it as much as I like looking at it!!! Thanks for all the compliments. :)

Break it in good and hard and it should be "almost" as snappy out of the hole as your RLX. :) I wonder if some of that loss of out of the hole performance comes from the drive and shift by wire.

Break it in good and hard and it should be "almost" as snappy out of the hole as your RLX. :) I wonder if some of that loss of out of the hole performance comes from the drive and shift by wire.

I don't think it's the drive by wire, BICBW. I think it is a function of the larger, 400# heavier, differently-shaped hull. Don't get me wrong, it will still trounce any I/O. I'll be interested to see how it runs against my friend's 95 PS 190 w/Corvette & PowerSlot. That boat and my 03 were quite evenly matched.

This may sound odd, but I may end up liking the pull up better. When my wife drove me behind an 07, the pull out was not as abrupt. Though she never used full throttle with me behind the 03, there were times when she ripped me with more than I anticipated. When we skied the 07 last October, I remember thinking the pull up was just a tad gentler and had a little more room for error.

Hey Will, you KNOW I'll be in the water before you! Crazy.gif

Nice Jack. Very nice job, really.

Peter :)

Thanks, Peter. That means alot to me coming from you. I was hoping you'd like the finished product. Wait 'til you see the glitter in person!!! :)