Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally found my V-Drive!!

Urquie

Thanks to all of the good people and information on this site, I made an offer that was accepted on a 2002 Sunscape 21 LSV. Will be driving 400 miles to meet seller halfway this weekend for a formal water test and inspection to confirm that it is as great as it seems. Special thanks to 99response for all of the PM's over the last few months whenever I found a potential candidate. Now I have to upgrade my membership so I can post some pics. I think I have read just about every post and tip on buying a used boat that exists on this site, but if you have any last minute suggestions let me know!!

Clap.gifClap.gif

Uploaded a couple quick pics to Picasa: Sunscape

Edited by Urquie

What a beautiful boat. I love those colors! Congrats! That's essentially the same boat as my family's 01 with some really nice aesthetic updates. It's incredibly versatile. We absolutely love ours! Enjoy! :)

Thanks Guys. Pretty excited about seeing it in person and you are correct on it being the one from Reno. Low hours and well taken care of according to the dealer who sold the boat back in 2002 and has done all of the service since.

Anyone know if the SBT trailer that came with the 'BUS back then had disk or surge brakes? Owner was not sure and I want to check the brakes out before trailering home. Heres a picture if that helps. Trailer Wheel

Congrats! I purchased the same boat in December. Mine did not come with a tower, so I added the Illusion X and the speakers and racks. Oh, I also added a tribal graphic to the side. Yahoo.gif Check out the link below to see what your would look like with it.

2002 Sunscape LSV 21

I bought on '07 Factory Demo (via Ted Bevelacqua) back in March. I love my Sunscape. We had the rear tanks added to it. The boat also has the power wedge and ski locker ballast. It holds its own in terms of wake size. You're gonna love this boat and its versatility. It can throw advanced wakes and then morph into a capable slalom machine. Plus, it's a MALIBU!!!

Good looking boat, congrats. Kind of funny - when I read the thread title, I thought - jeez how long you been lookin in the engine compartment for the v-drive before you found it. Tease.gif

Congratulations Yahoo.gif - Nice looking boat... Thumbup.gif

Anyone know if the SBT trailer that came with the 'BUS back then had disk or surge brakes? Owner was not sure and I want to check the brakes out before trailering home. Heres a picture if that helps. Trailer Wheel

Can't clearly tell from the picture, but I might see a disc peeking thru the wheel in the upper right. We'd need a more direct-on shot of the wheel. I do know that my '01 SMP trailer has disc brakes, so it's possible they're discs. Another question is one set of brakes or two - ideally it should have discs on each axle.

Just look through the holes and see what you see. Discs or drums.

Also make sure the brake actuator bottom's out at no more than half way for discs, 1/3 way for drum. If it moves more than that, the system needs to be bled or serviced. Hopefully you have an UFP actuator because it make the travel easy to see.

Sounds like a good boat. I had a 2001 Sunsetter VLX which is essentially the same boat and loved it. I enjoy by '06 VLX, but there are definitely things about the '01 SS VLX that I miss. It is a very versatile boat if you like skiing and wakeboarding. It will do both very well.

What lake do you go on? My daughter is in school in Spokane and has had a few opportunities to get in some wakeboarding, although the weather is not the best while she is there - it's more suited to snow skiing.

Thanks Guys. Pretty excited about seeing it in person and you are correct on it being the one from Reno. Low hours and well taken care of according to the dealer who sold the boat back in 2002 and has done all of the service since.

Yes they did, IIRC they were standard issue starting in '00, when I got my classic which is on a SBT trailer.

Nice ride!!

Yes they did, IIRC they were standard issue starting in '00, when I got my classic which is on a SBT trailer.

Nice ride!!

Thanks for the brake info!

Even better in person!! 800 miles, a lot of caffeine, and we are now the proud new owners of a Sunscape. Now its time to get an '89 skier listed for sale and make a want list for the new 'bu.