Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan 3 Tower

Tahoe07

I looking at having a Titan DL-6 tower installed on my 2006 RLXI. I like to use the boom and currently have a Barefoot International Contoured boom. Can anybody who has this setup or someone who might know will the boom clear the tower mounts? My boat is still in storage so I cannot look for myself.

All depends on where the rear tower legs are mounted. Mine has the clearance to have the boom rest on the gunnel between the back edge of the windshield and rear tower leg. I wouldn't suggest having the boom rest on the windsheild.

As edwin mentioned, it depends on where the tower is mounted. With the DL6, most people will install the tower so that the rear mounts are right up against the windshield for maximum shortline clearance (that's typically why they go with the DL6 in the first place). If you're willing to sacrifice that, you can have the tower installed further back a few inches so the gunnel is exposed between the mount and the windshield frame.

Also, keep in mind that the DL6 is currently only offered for the '07+ RLXi. It may fit on the '03-'06, but we've never tried and can't confirm. You or your dealer can give us a call and we can walk you through the process to see if the new tower will fit on your boat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

As edwin mentioned, it depends on where the tower is mounted. With the DL6, most people will install the tower so that the rear mounts are right up against the windshield for maximum shortline clearance (that's typically why they go with the DL6 in the first place). If you're willing to sacrifice that, you can have the tower installed further back a few inches so the gunnel is exposed between the mount and the windshield frame.

Also, keep in mind that the DL6 is currently only offered for the '07+ RLXi. It may fit on the '03-'06, but we've never tried and can't confirm. You or your dealer can give us a call and we can walk you through the process to see if the new tower will fit on your boat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[/

Why won't the DL 6 work on a 06 RLXI? Is the windshield to long?

The Response LXi was redesigned for 2007, so the top deck, along with the windshield are completely different. We never offered a DL6 on the previous generation boat, so we don't have the dimensions for that.

I'm not saying that it won't work on a 2006, only that I can't confirm that it will. Like I said, give us a call (or have your dealer do it), and we can explain how to take measurements from your boat to determine of the DL6 will fit on it.