Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski recommendation for my wife

skicrazy

I need/want to buy a ski for my wife. Here are the details:

5'3"

120 lbs soaking wet

30 mph skier

No course skiing

Skied all her life

Pulls relatively hard at 15' off free skiing

What should she be riding?

HELP!

What has she liked in the past?

For instance...I prefer HO style skis (Radar, O'Brien,...). I do OK on a Connelly but anything with a KD label or feel (Kidder, D3,...) seems to want to dump me on my arse. Dontknow.gif People seem to like one or the other. What is her most recent stick that she liked?

HO Judge? :) She liked Elinor's...

One of our friends swears by her D3 Rose but she'd have to like pink...

By the way, tell her happy birthday and I'm glad to hear she survived the trip home!

are you looking for used? I have an older (maybe 5 years) HO ski that I bought for my wife that she skiied on ONCE and hated it. She didn't like the bindings or the way the ski tracked compared to her 18 year old HO.

If you are interested, let me know, I'll dig it out of the ski locker, and get some more info on it (don't remember the model). I bought it from a dealer that had it on his shop floor, never been skied, had a small scratch on the top.

For instance...I prefer HO style skis (Radar, O'Brien,...). I do OK on a Connelly but anything with a KD label or feel (Kidder, D3,...) seems to want to dump me on my arse. Dontknow.gif People seem to like one or the other. What is her most recent stick that she liked?

That's the issue, she hasn't skied on much besides my skis and what her heavier siblings and parents have skied. She's never had a ski of her own. She hates my 66" KD 7000.

That's the issue, she hasn't skied on much besides my skis and what her heavier siblings and parents have skied. She's never had a ski of her own. She hates my 66" KD 7000.

Thats my same ski. My wife went from a really old kidder to KD 7000 as well. Took her a season to get used to it, but now she loves it and I still catch her giving it a kiss after a great set when she thinks no one is looking.

I say if your wife's birthday was yesterday, buy her the most expensive one...

I see Dan nows that a little bribery now will reap outstanding rewards. Biggrin.gif The only problem is her birthday was yesterday and he didn't have it picked out and wrapped. My daughter liked her HO, blue top, forget the model, before going headlong into the boarding. Probably a 63" from 3 years ago. Course I can't get to it now and tell you more and offer it for sale.