Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Tower Will Fit????

srintx

First this site is the BEST by far...thanks for all your help when I was buying my new boat.

With that said I'm looking at putting a new tower on my 1999 Wakesetter/Sunsetter VLX 21'. It currently has the Skylon Tuna Tower. I would like something that will mount in the same spots as the current tower.

Do you have any recommendations? Or is there a website that narrows down what towers fit what boats?

Any help would be great! Thanks again!!!

Why do you want to change out the Skylon Tuna Tower? We have a Titan I tower with two board racks and one ski rack, we have had no problem with the tower these last 3 years. We looked long and hard to find a tower that would hold all our stuff and not rattle with a full load. Titan all the way.

Why do you want to change out the Skylon Tuna Tower? We have a Titan I tower with two board racks and one ski rack, we have had no problem with the tower these last 3 years. We looked long and hard to find a tower that would hold all our stuff and not rattle with a full load. Titan all the way.

Hey Monk, Just want to give the boat a differnt look with something that has more of a rear tilt to it, versus some what straight up. For the 2 weeks that we have owned the boat the skylon has been more than perfect. Where did you buy your tower at?

I'm not sure what towers will fit in the exact holes from the Skylon. But the Titan will definitely be an upgrade in strength & rigidity from the Skylon. You should check with the Titan website http://www.titanwake.com for how to take measurements on your boat & then consult with them. As many Skylons as I've seen on the net being sold & swapped out, I imagine Titan has done a few over the years.

First this site is the BEST by far...thanks for all your help when I was buying my new boat.

With that said I'm looking at putting a new tower on my 1999 Wakesetter/Sunsetter VLX 21'. It currently has the Skylon Tuna Tower. I would like something that will mount in the same spots as the current tower.

Do you have any recommendations? Or is there a website that narrows down what towers fit what boats?

I prefer the OEM towers available on the V-ride (Titan Series III or Illusion). Both with fit your boat and are 'Malibu only'.

Unfortunately, both of these will require fiberglass repair of the original tower holes.

You may conceivably be able to have a tower custom made to fit the same mounting locations as your existing tower, but by doing that you'll lose out on all of the benefits of an OEM tower.

Any decent fiberglass shop will be able to fill the whole where the existing tower mounted, and when they're done, even you won't be able to see the repaired area.

Even though we can't build a Titan to fit the same mounting locations as your Skylon tower, it would still be a great choice for your boat.

You may conceivably be able to have a tower custom made to fit the same mounting locations as your existing tower, but by doing that you'll lose out on all of the benefits of an OEM tower.

Any decent fiberglass shop will be able to fill the whole where the existing tower mounted, and when they're done, even you won't be able to see the repaired area.

Even though we can't build a Titan to fit the same mounting locations as your Skylon tower, it would still be a great choice for your boat.

Skivrave...do you work for Titan?

Do you have pictures of your boat? I know the Hull has changed, I would still be like to see the tower on your boat????

Srintx: We got our Titan I from our local Malibu dealer. They had one sitting around with a few scratches on it that fit our boat, I think we got an OK deal. Installed I am thinking around $1,400.00 out the door.

I prefer the OEM towers available on the V-ride (Titan Series III or Illusion). Both with fit your boat and are 'Malibu only'.

Unfortunately, both of these will require fiberglass repair of the original tower holes.

The Titan II was also an OEM on the Vride & is available from Titan. I imagine the rear tower hoop feet would go into the Skylon holes pretty easily. But the front might be in a different spot.

A descent glass shop should be able to patch those holes easily. My brother sold his old Illusion to upgrade to the Titan III & they patched the red glass under the old tower. You can't tell at all & it looks awesome.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

The Titan II was also an OEM on the Vride & is available from Titan. I imagine the rear tower hoop feet would go into the Skylon holes pretty easily. But the front might be in a different spot.

A descent glass shop should be able to patch those holes easily. My brother sold his old Illusion to upgrade to the Titan III & they patched the red glass under the old tower. You can't tell at all & it looks awesome.

Thanks for the advise from all...I think I have narrowed it down to the Titan II Polished. Where is the best place to get the tower and get the best price?

Yes I do. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help out however I can.

Thanks for the advise from all...I think I have narrowed it down to the Titan II Polished. Where is the best place to get the tower and get the best price?

Yes I do. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help out however I can.

Hey Skicrave...will the Titan III fit my boat? If so, do you have any pictures of it?

Yes, a Series III for a 2008 vRide can be installed on your boat. Are you looking for pictures of the Series III, or pictures of a Series III installed on a 1999 Wakesetter VLX?

Either one would be great, I would like to see some better pitures of the Titan III or II if any one has them. On a 1999 VLX would be best but the hull did not change much untill 04 I think?? So any would work. I'm leaning towrds the polished...What are your thoughts???

Do you have any pictures of your tower on your boat?