Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

help with boat names

kent

hey crew! I was looking through the post today about a guy wanting to name his house boat. And from time to time Ive thought about naming my boat. You guys can really think of some good ones, but none of the ones for him matched me very well. Im sure you guys get asked this alot but Im as unoriginal as they come, so any help is greatly appreciated. My 08 wakesetter lsv23 should be coming in very soon, and as for me. Im a farmer that is single and just turned 30. I liked the one " trolling 4 skank" thats hilarious but I have mostly girls in the boat and they would not like that at all.... HAHAHA I thought about "reaper of pain" cuz everytime we get back from the lake we are all either limping, crawling,puking or just exhausted. what do you guys think?

HAHAHA. Trolling 4 skanks. I LOVE that!!

I'm in a similar situation to you. We got talking this winter about how the boat does not really have a name, but I'm really bad at coming up with a witty and funny names. I especially want something that looks PG at face value, but that could have other meanings with a little imagination.

The one we like the best so far is one that my girl friend came up with: "I'm Wet"...

If its alright with you, I might pick one out of here that you don’t use. I’m sure the crew will come up with some good stuff! Lets hear em!!

I don't see alot of ski, fishing or runabout boats with names. Big boats like Rodney Dangerfield's have names. Obnoxiously loud, stepped hull, poser boats have names, but not ski boats. If you wouldn't wear a Members Only jacket, put neon spinner rims on your S-10, or board with 10 lbs of gold rope chains around your neck. don't name your boat.

I was blown away once on Havasu when this boat beached next to us with a family onboard. Seemed like a nice bunch with 2 kids around 7 - 10 years old. Later as they pulled away and turned round to motor off on the back of their boat in HUGE letters was 'CRACK WHORE'!

Wow!

I don't see alot of ski, fishing or runabout boats with names. Big boats like Rodney Dangerfield's have names. Obnoxiously loud, stepped hull, poser boats have names, but not ski boats. If you wouldn't wear a Members Only jacket, put neon spinner rims on your S-10, or board with 10 lbs of gold rope chains around your neck. don't name your boat.

Wow dude, dont get your panties in a wad. Just because your boat isnt as cool as ours and you dont have enogh of a sense of humor to name your boat doesnt mean that you have to dump on thoes who do! I've had LOTS of people ask me what the name of my boat is.

Wow dude, dont get your panties in a wad. Just because your boat isnt as cool as ours and you dont have enogh of a sense of humor to name your boat doesnt mean that you have to dump on thoes who do! I've had LOTS of people ask me what the name of my boat is.

I apologize if I offended you, It wasn't my intention. Maybe where you live, naming you boat is a normal thing but around here, people that name their boats are presumed to be "LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER". So I assumed it was like that everywhere, I stand corrected and I'm glad you have a cooler boat than me.

My wife named our boat. She is a pharmaceutical sales rep - the name came from one of the drugs she sells. We even have the branded napkins, paper plates, cups etc. Most people ask me who Alice is when they read it, I tell them to read the whole name, out loud and they get it Whistling.gif

"Sea Alice"

I apologize if I offended you, It wasn't my intention. Maybe where you live, naming you boat is a normal thing but around here, people that name their boats are presumed to be "LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER". So I assumed it was like that everywhere, I stand corrected and I'm glad you have a cooler boat than me.

The tradition of naming a ship or vessel goes back to both the egyptians and vikings, and extends to the modern era. Typically people with a nautical or sailing background name their vessels. It is absolutely not required or mandated, but certainly not a faux pas. The fact that Rodney--or the writers of Caddy Shack--named a vessel, does not make the tradition any less valid, or obnoxious, or make a boat a "poser boat." My great grandfather named his 56 foot sloop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloop) that he built over a ten year period the "Swan." It had a D10 Cat diesel engine in it and he made it almost exclusively out of teak and mahogany in his shop using traditional (read old school) boat building methods. It was certainly not a "poser boat." In short, you can put a classless name on a boat, but that doesn't make the act of naming a boat classless.

Cheers.gif

Jack

I'd like to keep this thread going (dispite getting off track). I think its got some pretty good potential, especially on this site

Here are a few I like, but most of them are too rude for our lake and family. I dont think I can take credit for any of these - most of them were suggested by friends and family or found else where. My brain is not creative enough for this.

ShipFaced

Sea Hoe

Chicksdigit

Fastidiots

Aquaholic

Liquid Assets (we're pondering this one seriously)

Group Therapy

Puddle Pirate (we also really like this one. our lake is very small, and I often to call it the pond or the puddle)

Boobie Trap

Ski-daddle (also really like this one)

Come on guys, I know there are creative minds on this board!

Edited: for a major typo

Edited by chadwick02
I'd like to keep this thread going (dispite getting off track). I think its got some pretty good potential, especially on this site

Here are a few I like, but most of them are too rude for our lake and family. I dont think I can take credit for any of these - most of them were suggested by friends and family or found else where. My brain is not creative enough for this.

ShipFaced

Sea Hoe

Chicksdigit

Fastidiots

Aquaholic

Group Therapy

Puddle Pirate (we also really like this one. our lake is very small, and I often to call it the pond or the puddle)

Boobie Trap

Sorry for the derail. For those who like adventure and who don't like glassy ski conditions:

"She Likes It Ruff."

Edited by jjackkrash

ShipFaced

Sea Hoe

Chicksdigit

Fastidiots

Aquaholic

Group Therapy

Boobie Trap

Sorry for the derail. For those who like adventure and who don't like glassy ski conditions:

"She Likes It Ruff."

It wasnt you that derailed it, if anything you put an end to the derailment!!

That is a very fitting name, especially on sunday afternoons

We call ours the 'the buoy' that is our little play on words...as much as we are being pulled behind it we spend a lot of days just floating and partying! Thumbup.gif

This is a quandary I've been in since '06 with the new Bu. See, family tradition goes way, way back with the names going in alphabetical order. My '88 Supra was Quest. My father skipped ahead to "S" for his sail boat. I really want to back fill the R name to keep the line going, but am stuck on something clever and amusing. One of these days we'll all agree on something. Thoughts, anyone?

I was blown away once on Havasu when this boat beached next to us with a family onboard. Seemed like a nice bunch with 2 kids around 7 - 10 years old. Later as they pulled away and turned round to motor off on the back of their boat in HUGE letters was 'CRACK WHORE'!

Wow!

Not to start a "crude name" thread or anything, but it's kind of funny how things like that stick with a guy for 30 + years. When I was a kid there was a "blown big block v-drive with a wing on top" at the dock so of course I had to go ogle over it. The name - in letters big enough that they pretty much reached from the water line to the top of the hull (which was probably only ten inches or so on this drag boat) - was GRANNY"S c***. I figured his parents, etc. must be real proud. The boat I learned to ski behind was a 24' Sea Ray. It's name was SYFOG. It was my Grandpas, but he claimed he didn't know the meaning of it, he claimed his father in law named it?

I personally don't like names on ski/wake boats but how bout this: Sea Deucer

Saw this on an offshore boat once:

Drug Money

Go to the drag boat races, you will have 100 names in 10 minutes. This one might be appropriate:

No Mas Dinero (saw it on a drag boat years ago).

Edited by Maddox
This is a quandary I've been in since '06 with the new Bu. See, family tradition goes way, way back with the names going in alphabetical order. My '88 Supra was Quest. My father skipped ahead to "S" for his sail boat. I really want to back fill the R name to keep the line going, but am stuck on something clever and amusing. One of these days we'll all agree on something. Thoughts, anyone?

As you can tell by my previous post I'm not into it but if you must, how about ROW GAIN, RAWNCHEE, RE-TARTED, RECK LOOSE ,ROPETOE or

ROW MANS NOVEL

Edited by footnlongline